Your Philadelphia Phillies 2024

Rate this topic

Fishhead7

Can't see them over Atlanta, another Wild Card chance which is iffy at best. Good team and management, Phil's are a well run organization.

On the other hand the Mets fall over themselves at every opportunity, if you can tolerate failure, become a Mets fan, they live the life.

Luck or unlucky for me, I'm a Yankee fan and my wife is a Mets fan, Italian and NY born, so she isn't very tolerant.

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

3 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

Can't see them over Atlanta, another Wild Card chance which is iffy at best. Good team and management, Phil's are a well run organization.

On the other hand the Mets fall over themselves at every opportunity, if you can tolerate failure, become a Mets fan, they live the life.

Luck or unlucky for me, I'm a Yankee fan and my wife is a Mets fan, Italian and NY born, so she isn't very tolerant.

Certainly will be the case if Atlanta and Philly both get off to a starts like they did last year….

from June on, Philly had one of the best records in baseball. By that point they were double digit games behind already

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Finster said:

He signed a record setting contract with Houston last week.

Glad they took a pass regardless of cost.

overrated imo…and sounds like a bit of a diva

Geez I'm a bit behind I guess.  And I'm glad they didn't break the bank for him.  

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

On 12/17/2023 at 1:05 PM, Highlander1 said:

Agreed, highly unlikely they're getting past the Braves again, for the third year in a row.  Now if someone else faces the Braves in the playoffs and eliminates them, they might have a chance to go deep.  The Phils have a great team though (just not as good as the Braves), and are still quite young,.so will be a contender for a couple more years yet.  If they have a weakness it's their reliance on the homerun.  Too much swinging for the fences usually gets shut down by ace-level pitching in the postseason.

20 hours ago, smellyfishgutzz said:

Agreed, highly unlikely they're getting past the Braves again, for the third year in a row.  Now if someone else faces the Braves in the playoffs and eliminates them, they might have a chance to go deep.  The Phils have a great team though (just not as good as the Braves), and are still quite young,.so will be a contender for a couple more years yet.  If they have a weakness it's their reliance on the homerun.  Too much swinging for the fences usually gets shut down by ace-level pitching in the postseason.

I though that outlawing "the shift" was going to bring "small ball" back to the game?