Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
old_username

I Bet Rick Caton Feels Sorry About That 50lber!

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

I bet Rick feels terrible about that 50lber, he feels terrible that it didn't weigh 60lbs! You bunch of cry babies,everyone on this board would kill that fish and if you say you wouldn't you're a liar! I fish along side Rick on my charter boat "Poacher" and we release more stripers in a season than most any of you will catch in a lifetime. I've released more 30lbers in N.C. than any of you will ever see! You bunch of hypocrites are the same lot that wants a net ban but wants fresh mullet and shrimp to fish with,the same bunch that goes out and eats a seafood dinner with butter dripping down your chin and complains about overfishing! Don't worry about throwing the 50lber back because most of you will never have the chance to catch one because you lack the skills! You see, he didn't ride up and down the beach in his truck looking for someone else to hook up and then get out and fish one minute. Quit your crying and go fishing!

Devin Cage Poacher Charters

Poacher welcome! Love the name.

I would like to personally challenge everyone on the board to offer no response. I'm serious, just let it go to page 2.

[This message has been edited by richs (edited 01-24-2003).]

Poacher welcome! Love the name.

I would like to personally challenge everyone on the board to offer no response. I'm serious, just let it go to page 2.

[This message has been edited by richs (edited 01-24-2003).]

richs - why? Its OK to agree and disagree. BTW, I think poacher is probably right, most of us would keep a fifty.

Your post is funny, but remember that the only some on this board are catch and release zealots.

The majority of this board do not really qualify for your broad indictment.

And you guys fish from boats and that is serious cheating. You come up to AI and throw bunker from the beach with us and we'll see who gets 'em better.

smile.gif

Steve

To be truthfull, yes I would keep the first "fifty" I ever caught... after that, more than likely, I would release the fifties, and keep the first "sitxty" that I caught. From some of the information I've heard here, the majority of fish past that are beyond spawning age.

Let's see,

Standing on the water's edge,...IN the water throwing a chunk of fish out,waiting for a fish to come to you,(sounds kinda neanderthalish).....versus going by boat to the birds and wearing them out,...or to the area that they are holding and wearing them out and staying dry and toasty,...well that sounds good to me.

Just joking,...to each his own.....you guys that do the surf gig got alot more patience than I.

I never caught a Striper in the surf in my life,....and I bet it is a hoot.

Look, do what makes ya happy as long as it's legal, by the rules I'm good with it. If you get yer jollies showing people the big fish ya catch, fine, Do what ya gotta do.

------------------

SOL #669

Cry babies? You come on to a site ya never been on before and call people cry babies. Your a never was, can't catch if ya want to wuss. Good by sweety, Kiss this.

------------------

SOL #669

I guess you told them...........

I agree with ya bro.............

I'd kill mine............

I don't encourage senseless killing.

I can imagine how many fish the boats put back................

Eeeeels..............

Ya know I got em from boats, got em from the sand with clams and plugs and tin and eels like a lot of you guys. Never got a 50, been looking for one a lot of years, hopefully look a lot more. Would rather have one from the beach to ten from a boat, don't know if I would keep a 50 never had one can't honestly say. But I would, and I do, take one every now and then home to the table cause that, other than the sport of it, and respect of the fish I try for, is why I am there....

You bunch of cry babies,everyone on this board would kill that fish and if you say you wouldn't you're a liar! <snip> You bunch of hypocrites are the same lot that wants a net ban but wants fresh mullet and shrimp to fish with <snip> Don't worry about throwing the 50lber back because most of you will never have the chance to catch one because you lack the skills! <snip> Devin Cage

Devin, either you have never read more than the one single thread here that got your panties twisted like a soft pretzel or else you got about an 8 on the verbal portion of your SATs. I temporarily removed your posting priveledges here so you can do a little catch up reading so that next time you fire off the hip like that, at least you'll have the slightest clue as to what sort of group of guys you are talking to. Thanks for coming, shoot me an email at tims@stripersonline.com when yah get through a couple threads and have a better feel for the majority of the folks who post heresmile.gif

TimS