Blank for throwing large plugs

Rate this topic

FishTacos

23 hours ago, FishTacos said:

Anyone here know of any good blanks for throwing large plugs from lets say 3-10oz? I was thinking a cts but wanted some opinions. Thanks!

You must have got hold of some of Chuck Doersam's old plugs...

Carolina Cast Pro has some 13' meat sticks that might work for you, best to give them a call.

11 hours ago, South Shore Squidder said:

You must have got hold of some of Chuck Doersam's old plugs...

Carolina Cast Pro has some 13' meat sticks that might work for you, best to give them a call.

some giant metal lips 10 oz is super rare but i regularly throw 4 and 8 oz metal lips 

1 hour ago, Mangomania said:

Ha ha, saw this on the south jetty at Sebastian Inlet years ago! A guy with some goofy spin-around casting style hooked onto someone else's open tackle box.

I'll bet some strong language was used in discussing that. Did Mr. Goofy pay up for that?

13 hours ago, a rod n a reel said:

Fsc 10’6 5-10oz 

odm next1 3-8

cts vaportrail 4-8 which is now their 4-6

Black hole heavy surf 2

Century sling shot 1329

Century surf machine elite 2-8oz

im sure im forgetting some but that’s off the top at the moment 

how do you like the sme? I was looking at that exact rod for throwing large plugs. Im between that and an odm 2-8. How is the sme at throwing non aerodynamic plugs?

3 hours ago, FishTacos said:

how do you like the sme? I was looking at that exact rod for throwing large plugs. Im between that and an odm 2-8. How is the sme at throwing non aerodynamic plugs?

I don’t own one at the moment. I’ve built about 5 surf machine elites for friends and I’ve gotten to test cast them all. You get what you pay for, it’s a really nice blank and priced high as well. It throws non aero plugs really nice. You don’t need to power cast. A lot of the century blanks are “flick of the wrist type casts” and they go FAR! You won’t be disappointed, just gotta bite the bill.