Snapped Vice

Rate this topic

sardean

I’m really not sure what kind of Vice this is. I think a renzetti. Anyway I snapped the screw that can be adjusted when I was tying a buck tail on a large hook. Does anyone know if I can find replacement parts or if this is even a renzetti?  If not any recommendations for a large hook Vice to buy as a replacement? I tend to just tie for salt except for wooly buggers ect. 

IMG_9772.jpeg

IMG_9771.jpeg

11 hours ago, sardean said:

I’m really not sure what kind of Vice this is. I think a renzetti. Anyway I snapped the screw that can be adjusted when I was tying a buck tail on a large hook. Does anyone know if I can find replacement parts or if this is even a renzetti?  If not any recommendations for a large hook Vice to buy as a replacement? I tend to just tie for salt except for wooly buggers ect. 

IMG_9772.jpeg

IMG_9771.jpeg

That's a Renzetti Traveler. Parts for this shouldn't be a problem. I have the same one just a bit less corroded. Thank you for posting this I went to pick up my salt water traveler and the O ring just fell right off. Oh the horror ( not really ) I'll just got to the hardware store and grab some replacements for both vices. PC070795.JPG.de78ce629ce8b3ee2e5a223fa05f2fa5.JPG

Edited by KidDkivahh
add pic and more text

Call Renzetti and they will mail you the part , you might be better off mailing it to them to be refurbished 

REPAIRS/WARRANTY

The Renzetti Vise design is recognized worldwide by its unique design, which is covered under US  Trade Dress and Registration #: 2,535,148/2,077,565/2,060,740/2,567,674. It is what has made our vises so distinctive and recognized worldwide. To ensure you have a Renzetti vise, this information and logo will be on the packaging and instructions.

We reserve the right to request the vise and or images before issuing an RMA.

Renzetti, Inc has a strict quality control process that starts with product development, testing and continues on with the selection of raw material, manufacturing process, assembling, packaging and shipping.

Our goal is to provide the angler, not just with a good quality product, but also with an innovative product that will enhance his or her creativity, regardless of their skill level.

Register your vise within 10 days of purchase. Always wear protective eye wear while tying flies and or building rods. Read instruction material included with your product.

Our warranty is as follows:

• Lifetime warranty against material and workmanship, regardless of its original registered owner. All products and or parts must be returned to Renzetti Inc. for examination, repair and or replacement.
  • There is a $10.00 service fee for all warranty covered repairs.
  • There is a $15.00 service fee, plus the cost of parts replaced and or repaired, plus return shipping charges for parts not covered under warranty.

Please call us to get a Repair Authorization Number and ship all warranty and non warranty parts to:

Renzetti Inc.
8800 Grissom Pkwy.
Titusville, FL 32780

321-267-7705
Email: mail@renzetti.com

Not Covered under Warranty:

• Damage due to negligence, accident and/or wear and tear.
  • Attempts to dismantle, repair, or modify the vise by anyone other than an authorized Renzetti warranty service technician.
  • Improper hook placement and/or use of product.
  • Lack of maintenance to the product causing it to malfunction.
  • Damages and/or loss of parts returned to Renzetti Inc.

" Rule #1 Fish where the fish are, Rule # 2 Fish where the fish are ."  Jack Gartside. 

I stumbled onto a new Renzetti factory tour the other day on YouTube.  I’m a longtime fan.  Andy, supported by his wife Lilly, began the wave of true rotary vises back in the 70s out of his garage.  Still family owned, this is quite the high tech, incredibly high QC operation today.  Gave me a renewed appreciation for why their stuff demands the dollars.  Check it out if you have 20 minutes to kill.   I got the same replacement thumb screw a dozen years ago.

1 hour ago, sardean said:

I just spoke with them and emailed them pics. Went to my local tackle shop and picked up this back up. 

image.jpg

I'll tell you what that type of vice was thee choice of vices. The Thompson AA was the vice of choice. It's still a round for good reason. Probably more flies were tied on them  than any one vice in history. Now it's all about rotating vices. I'm a fine one to talk when have like 6 rotating vices. 

My first vise was a Thompson AA and I tied on it for 7-8 years then upgraded to a Price vise (they don't seem to be around anymore) and finally got the Regal Medallion. Full rotating vise? Never felt the need for one as time has never been a factor for me when  tying flies. If I were a commercial tier, maybe I'd feel differently.

IMG_20231207_172546_01.jpg.c0a2585fe8dc71cd52b7c74e65a37647.jpg

5 hours ago, sardean said:

I just spoke with them and emailed them pics. Went to my local tackle shop and picked up this back up. 

image.jpg

I have terra vice but the rotary version about 45$ I think it's a little better than the one you got but for what you need it should be ok

Edited by onthefly

• 2 weeks later...

you can get rid of most of that corrosion with hoppe's no. gun bore cleaning solvent and toothbrush. i had the same problems, both the corrosion and the snapped screw, with my traveler and got it in much better shape. cleaning the corrosion should stave off any problems from letting it spread.