Socks for Stockingfoot Waders

Rate this topic

Mack26

For colder weather in early spring and fall months, Darn Tough wool socks.  They can be thick so makes sure they fit well with your waders and wading boots. But they are the warmest socks I have tried for my perpetually cold feet.  In warmer weather I have Columbia wool blend which are thinner, less expensive, easier on/off and seem to wear pretty well.

"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."   -- A.K. Best --

Nylon office socks, been using them forever and they stay dry. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

3 hours ago, BG_NJ said:

Duckworth, Smartwool, REI Co-op, Darn Tough.. Duckworths are the best and made from American merino sheep's wool

Duckworth is new to me having worn Darn Tough and Smartwool forever. Cool brand and tech, the wool powder pants look great for under waders. 

1 hour ago, espo@mtkpnt said:

Duckworth is new to me having worn Darn Tough and Smartwool forever. Cool brand and tech, the wool powder pants look great for under waders. 

I have almost everything lol it's a problem. Great fishing gear for layering in cold weather and it's wool so it almost never smells dirty if you hang after use. The vapor line is amazingly comfortable in warmer conditions.

The powder pants are awesome. Toasty warm without being stuffy/sweat inducing.