December 2023 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

Sudsy

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

Pictures of Stripers are discouraged since they hinder a quick release and at times reveal a specific spot.

Do not direct viewers to any beach camera sites.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

• Sudsy changed the title to December 2023 Fishing Reports

Just purchased my first IBSP Mobile Sport Fishing Permit

What a pain in the arse that was !!

(the problem is your ad blocker)

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Edited by TimS
Also not a fishing report :-)

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

Edited by TimS
I addressed his post, sorry, I didn't see that you had :-)

MoroneSax, this is a report thread - this is where people post and discuss fishing reports. If you want a whine about fishing reports thread thread, I suspect there are probably a few in this forum. If you have something you'd really like to discuss and can't find an existing discussion, feel free to start your own thread. But whining about reports isn't what the report thread is for. You don't have to read it, you don't have to participate, but you aren't welcome to disrupt it with posts that aren't fishing reports. 

There's no need to respond to this post, it's administrative in nature - this thread is for fishing reports, please keep all posts complaining about fishing reports or whining about the existence of fishing reports out of this thread - thanks :howdy:

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Got back on the horse today in the am.  Sunrise to 11:00.  Light south breeze, water still clean with a light swell developing.  Lots of bird activity, but no real blitzes where I was.  3 fish 27", 29", 32", doc and tins.  Saw a bunch of others caught on poppers, tins, and shads.  Around 8:30 there was the makings of a proper blitz, saw like 10 guys hook up simultaneously as the fish pushed in, but by the time they landed them it was over.  After that didn't see anything else caught the rest of the morning.

Tins=Wins