St Croix Avid rod Kigan Titan guide

Rate this topic

theshadow

A friend dropped off a St Croix 7'6" 1piece. he wants to replace the #30 single foot guide with a double foot. It's a Kigan Titan 30.Anyone know where I can find one? Is "Titan" titanium also? Looked around but nada. I'm rewrapping all the others too. They're wrapped with mono too.That will be changed anyway. Thanks

13 hours ago, theshadow said:

A friend dropped off a St Croix 7'6" 1piece. he wants to replace the #30 single foot guide with a double foot. It's a Kigan Titan 30.Anyone know where I can find one? Is "Titan" titanium also? Looked around but nada. I'm rewrapping all the others too. They're wrapped with mono too.That will be changed anyway. Thanks

just to clarify, the rod currently has this guide:

zh-guides-img01.jpg.00ae2b0007436ee1f84f67076693ff68.jpg

and you want to replace it with this guide:

zd-guides-img01.jpg.b3ebb711113bba3f77ec74f5ec67a7f7.jpg

If so, you're looking for GT-ZDZSG which Hatterasjack has in stock - $61.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.

19 hours ago, EBHarvey said:

just to clarify, the rod currently has this guide:

zh-guides-img01.jpg.00ae2b0007436ee1f84f67076693ff68.jpg

and you want to replace it with this guide:

zd-guides-img01.jpg.b3ebb711113bba3f77ec74f5ec67a7f7.jpg

If so, you're looking for GT-ZDZSG which Hatterasjack has in stock - $61.

Yuuuup! That's the one. I spoke with the friend about the cost of the new ones if I found one and the costs of AmTac, and others.NOPE! so Fuji alconite got ordered.

Thanks for your input. I do get repairs of St.Croix Avids off and on. Reel seats on these and other St.Croix's letting go due to the paper shims being wet. 

18 mins ago, theshadow said:

Yuuuup! That's the one. I spoke with the friend about the cost of the new ones if I found one and the costs of AmTac, and others.NOPE! so Fuji alconite got ordered.

Thanks for your input. I do get repairs of St.Croix Avids off and on. Reel seats on these and other St.Croix's letting go due to the paper shims being wet. 

if you're interested, a high framed seaguide XQHG would probably match those kigans a lot better - very similar frame geometry.  

P26-TUXQHRSG_500x.png.421659ba9ae7bc9930cb93062dad3f51.png

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.

5 hours ago, EBHarvey said:

if you're interested, a high framed seaguide XQHG would probably match those kigans a lot better - very similar frame geometry.  

P26-TUXQHRSG_500x.png.421659ba9ae7bc9930cb93062dad3f51.png

ARW has great service. Thanks..............He saw the Fuji prior to ordering and said ok. So it's on the way.:howdy:

All I can say is lots of repairs on St. Croix rods and Century rods that use these brands. The frames all break at the same spot...  Then St. Croix and Hatteras Jack obscenely overcharge you for replacement parts.... 18 dollars for a titanium micro guide delivered... St. Croix wants 10 bucks for an aluminum oxide type ring guide pretty much no matter the size... 

Edited by Sshorebeaches
typo

2 hours ago, Sshorebeaches said:

All I can say is lots of repairs on St. Croix rods and Century rods that use these brands. The frames all break at the same spot...  Then St. Croix and Hatteras Jack obscenely overcharge you for replacement parts.... 18 dollars for a titanium micro guide delivered... St. Croix wants 10 bucks for an aluminum oxide type ring guide pretty much n matter the size... 

It's all about "marketing" the latest and greatest. The coming of braided line changed the guides forever.