Big Red Sox News

Rate this topic

unskunk

Heard that Kennedy and Breslow were all but booed off the stage while addressing an audience at some baseball winter weekend event - Heard a clip aired on a local sports radio show, they basically admitted they won't be spending money this year and are in rebuild mode...we kind of knew that, and I guess it's great that they're finally being truthful about it....but kind of off putting to hear

Just now, albacized said:

Heard that Kennedy and Breslow were all but booed off the stage while addressing an audience at some baseball winter weekend event - Heard a clip aired on a local sports radio show, they basically admitted they won't be spending money this year and are in rebuild mode...we kind of knew that, and I guess it's great that they're finally being truthful about it....but kind of off putting to hear

AND THEY STILL RAISED TICKET PRICES !!!!

Get used to half-filled Fenway........

5 mins ago, unskunk said:

I feel sorry for the broadcasters.......

Day after day they're gonna have to spin this........

We went to the last home game they played this past season (vs Tampa, who beat the Sox that night), which was the first time I've been to Fenway for a baseball game since 2009 (have been there for several concerts)...

I actually had no interest in going - but my daughter and her husband, who live in the UK, were home visiting. And we wanted to give her husband (who's British) his first taste of American sports...So unfortunately, the beat down the Sox rec'd that night was his introduction to US sports...lol, But even more disturbing was how the crowd seemed to be that complacent 'just enjoying historic fenway' type of crowd and didn't really seem to care who won...There was some half hearted 'awe, that's too bad' murmuring around the crowd whenever Tampa scored a run...but no compassion. As long as they keep filling the stadium with that type of crowd, there will be no urgency to fix that team