Show up or shut up

Rate this topic

FoulHooker

Massachusetts Hearing Schedule: Tuesday, December 5 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Massachusetts Maritime Academy Admiral’s Hall 101 Academy Drive Buzzards Bay, MA 02532 Tuesday, December 19 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries North Shore Field Station 30 Emerson Ave Gloucester, MA 01930 State Contact: Michael Armstrong 978.619.0012

https://www.mass.gov/doc/11923-asmfc-public-hearings-on-striped-bass-draft-addendum-ii/download

If you care about the issues in this addendum attend.  If you don't attend or know what addendum 2 is without looking it up....You are not allowed to bitch and moan.  This is your chance to be heard or at least listen to what's going on and not hearsay.

This one definitely seems to be the important one, don’t allow mode splitting. 

I am also highly skeptical of the 9% release mortality in the days of “I caught 200 rats today” and seeing all the ripped mouths, 15 min photo shoots.  

I was into conservation a year or two ago, and even attended a call or two to give public comments. But unfortunately too much kicking the can down the road, too many users of the resource with different motives. I do think the  science and most commissioners really want what’s best for the resource, but you are completely right, when we get only 20 people on a call and “form letters”, we need a much larger movement to protect/conserve the resource.

IMG_1881.jpeg

(*member formerly known as ‘nygnyrredsoxfan’)

Ditch Troll #340

15 hours ago, ermghoti said:

I don't love any of those. I guess B protects the most important classes the most?

I'm guessing that is what's going to happen.  Don't like the charter boats getting to keep bigger ones it blurs the lines of enforcement a little to much (not that there is much enforcement).  The Commercial side is only about quota reduction.  I'm sure they will take close to the 14%.

"They" could not care less what the recs think or say and will do whatever they want. It's not a majority opinion or vote. These hearings or whatever you call them are a joke! Ask Jason Colby. By recs I mean the one fish crowd not part time comm's. Real commercial people are a different story and should be very limited too if not stopped all together.

4 mins ago, K Foley said:

"They" could not care less what the recs think or say and will do whatever they want. It's not a majority opinion or vote. These hearings or whatever you call them are a joke! Ask Jason Colby. By recs I mean the one fish crowd not part time comm's. Real commercial people are a different story and should be very limited too if not stopped all together.

Go tell em hero

On 11/30/2023 at 4:58 PM, K Foley said:

What do you think should happen? 

12 hours ago, Brock Landers said:

What do you think should happen?

3.1.1 Ocean Recreational Options I would go with C.

3.2.1 Commercial Quota Reduction Options I would go with A

7 hours ago, phishallways said:

So were you skin on? Or off :headscratch:

3.1.4 Recreational Filleting Allowance Requirements I don't have a dog in that fight but I think charter boats should be able to filet on the way in.  So I guess A

• bob_G locked this topic