Now for a reel for my new rod

Rate this topic

hunter123

I ordered the Lami Carbon 10' 3/4 to 3 oz rod . Now for reels to put on her. I have a new Penn Slammer iv 6000 size,  A Penn 704 Z, two BTL's 1 and 2 models, both 6000 size , one BTL in a 5000 size, and a Shimano stradic  in a 5000 size, can't remember what model , but it has the big knob on the handle. I have 20# braid on her.  I could get a new reel, But I would like to use one I have. I also have a Penn Spinfisher Vi 4500 in a bailess model I use on  a 9' rod . Thanks in advance.

Edited by hunter123
Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

1 hour ago, fishguy62 said:

Penn Slammer 6k is a good fit imo

I like that one also. Only used it twice. Have 30# braid on her. When I get the rod I'll see how she feels on the rod.I was thinking of a 5k reel. But I have the Slammer. Thank you.

I went with a Penn VI 5500 spinfisher.  I have a few smaller size's. I bought it at Cabela's for $139.00 . It was on sale, I figure there making room for the Spinfisher Vll.  I also bought some Suffix 832 30# braid. It will hold over 300 yds of braid even with a mono base for the spool. Should be here next week. 

Edited by hunter123

9 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Excellent. Let us know how it works for you, in your particular intended use.

Thanks, The reel came in 3 days, very nice reel. I ordered the Lami from tackle direct on 11/26, now they say it has to come from the vender Lami in 7 to 14 days. I wanted it asap to use during the Christmas time off from school at the O.C.MD inlet . Now I just have to wait on Tackle direct. Have a happy Holiday.