Turkey

Rate this topic

It is meh at best. Thats why other than turkey deli sandys or subs, we hardly have turkey the rest of the year. Then they unload the years turkey supply on one day and call it Thanksgiving. I'd rather a lobstah' and a rib eye or porterhouse steak, mashed taters and some spinach goes nicely along with a Caesar or Wedge salad. For that matter, spaghetti and meatballs would also suffice. Wife won't hear of it.

Turnips, green bean casserole, sweet pertaters and other root vegetables can also get lost, along with punkin' or mince pie, another couple of over rated desserts.

I will give my wife credit, she has added mac and cheese to the menu, sauerkraut and pork, along with a spiral ham and coconut custard and pecan pies to go with the apple and punkin'.

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

Take the bird apart. Fillet the breasts and do them in a pan veal cut parm style. Do the thighs in a crockpot with your fav. teriyaki sauce til fall apart tender serve with china veges over rice. The rest  goes into a big pot for soup or turkey ala king.

7 hours ago, SB59 said:

Take the bird apart. Fillet the breasts and do them in a pan veal cut parm style. Do the thighs in a crockpot with your fav. teriyaki sauce til fall apart tender serve with china veges over rice. The rest  goes into a big pot for soup or turkey ala king.

I just can't. I just can't bring myself to eat one or two mouthfuls of turkey. I just bought a locally grown bird. Had about 3 oz of meat and my wife might have had about 5 oz. The rest went in the garbage. 

Edited by Big Biscuit

12 mins ago, Big Biscuit said:

I just can't. I just can't bring myself to eat one or two mouth falls of turkey. I just bought a locally grown bird. Had about 3 oz of meat and my wife might have had about 5 oz. The rest went in the garbage. 

It's just not all that great. I'm personally ok with some for a few days with lots of sides and condiments, but just the smell of turkey broth or soup is just nasty to me. There were a few years there, where the family tradition was to go out to dinner for prime rib. Go with what makes you happy!