New York Rangers 23-24

Rate this topic

espo@mtkpnt

12 mins ago, brushfly said:

Get the popcorn for some Rempe/ Wilson meet ups and this is why you need Rempe there. Maybe not every game depending on how the series is going but for sure game one. Take it from there. 

Not sure if I'm in the minority or not but I think Rempe has to start Game 1 to set the tone. I think he's shown good discipline lately (that last penalty against Ottawa was bs and he didn't take the enforcer bait) and NY needs to go on the offensive with keeping Wilson in line. 

On 4/17/2024 at 10:10 AM, espo@mtkpnt said:

Not sure if I'm in the minority or not but I think Rempe has to start Game 1 to set the tone. I think he's shown good discipline lately (that last penalty against Ottawa was bs and he didn't take the enforcer bait) and NY needs to go on the offensive with keeping Wilson in line. 

Since you're starting at home (notice I say you're and not we're...Isles fan), I would start him. Put a message out to Wilson it'll be accounted for should he start running Bread or Fox, etc. He also get's the crowd amped up beyond what they normally would be in this scenario. Be nice for both teams to move along and meet next round.  

wow - Rempe had a hell of a game. One bad penalty but did not cost them and the place exploded when he scored. Reminds me of when Nicky was playing for them. 

Washington is going to be a bit nastier in the next game will be interesting to see if the rags get more power plays as a result. 

Penalty was a soft one imo, the refs were really quick to blow the whistle on a lot of those plays. Agreed that the caps will come out hard tomorrow, I expect wilson will stick to his bellyaching and nasty play routine

they were calling it tight for sure. I think Laffy better have his head on a swivel since that kid he creamed yesterday is not going to be back soon and they were already down 2 d men. 

Hoping they finish this quickly and let the other series all go 7 games.

2 hours ago, spiegs71 said:

Another good game for the Rags - be interesting to see what Washington does at home when they have the last change.

Hoping they end this in 5. 

Was at the Garden last night, energy was amazing. Something this team does well vs last and previous years is not give up when faced with adversity or deficits. Responding quickly to the caps goal in the first and never looking back, even after the caps tacked two more on, is a huge improvement. I think that starts with Lavy but the mindset has clearly been adopted amongst the players. 

Panarin putting the wood to Oshie was amazing, funny to see caps fans calling for suspensions when they have one of the biggest scumbags in the league in the lineup. 

yea the shot by the breadman was a nice retort to the cheap shots he was getting earlier from Oshie.

They will keep targeting him in DC for sure. 

Outside of a few hits he threw Olvie seems invisible in this series