New York Rangers 23-24

Rate this topic

espo@mtkpnt

Just now, Drew T said:

That might have been the best regular season game ive ever been to

How was the visibility of the game from your seats? I saw some photos from the second tier from a friend, looked cool but the angle made it hard to see through the glass. 

Either way, what a game to be at, really some phenomenal playing after the mini-pile on that the Devil's produced 

I was first row 3rd tier. 1st period was alittle tough due to the sun but once it went down it was easy enough to tell who each guy was out there. It was actually better than I expected overall. They had nice speakers playing the game sounds so it never felt like you were really far away. It was crazy hearing that many Ranger fans cheer together, something that will stick with me forever.

Igor has really kicked it up a notch, I'm not holding an outdoor game against him, so if he can keep playing like he did last night and against the flames it will be interesting for sure.

Curious who they are going to sign with the open cap space.

went to the game Sat in Philly - great game and fight. Spent the game in the flyer alumni box, was great to see some legends get fired up when Rempe dropped the gloves w desularie (sp). The flyers do a real nice job taking care of their alumni. They were great to us even though we were hoping the Rangers won. 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the best puck movement we’ve seen from this team yesterday. Great bounce back after the TB game. Will be nice to have Trouba back but Key has stepped up big time after some iffy play earlier in the season. Hopeful that they can put a strong run together for the next month of the schedule and stay ahead of the Canes in the metro

Yeah they looked great overal this weekend, solid 2 games. I wonder what the D pairing will be with Lindy out. 1st place would be nice but it also has its cons with most likely playing tampa round 1 instead of philly/caps/isles. But you have to beat everyone in order to win it all so I dont really think they care who they play. Home ice would be preferred over a "easier" 1st round matchup if I had to guess.

I think they'll look to Jones to continue stepping up. Not sure if they'll move him up to pair with Fox or if Miller will slide up to the top pairing. Lindy is currently listed as DTD but I haven't seen anything since the post-game reports last night. He's a machine but I'd think the coaching staff would rather have him well rested for the playoffs over rushing back for the last month. 

Thought the 1st and 3rd played tight but the 2nd got away from them a bit. Just not much 5v5 pressue, granted they didnt have much more. Honestly think if they had anybody in net besides the likely vezina winner, we take that game. 

Big test tomorrow, I don't like them losing 2 in a row this close to playoffs.

Hellebuyck was a brick wall, hard to get things by someone that takes up that much space. I'm leaning more towards Drew's camp, the 2nd was a mess but the offensive passing looked crisp and they created some strong chances. Need to find a way to close the deal on those breakaway chances though

Just now, espo@mtkpnt said:

Need to find a way to close the deal on those breakaway chances though

I think we would have 110 points by now if we could score on the damn breakaway. Its getting really bad this year.