Your Philadelphia 76ers - 2023-2024

Rate this topic

Fishhead7

Kelly Oubre, the most recent signing, was hit by a car and will miss a good chunk of this season.  He had been playing well.

The Philadelphia Police said in an email to The Associated Press that Oubre was struck at about 7 p.m. while crossing the street at Broad and Locust streets in Center City, and that he was taken to Jefferson Hospital. Police said there is an active investigation into the incident. 6ABC in Philadelphia reported police saying a silver vehicle fled the scene after the accident.

Oubre joined the Sixers from the Charlotte Hornets on a one-year deal in September. He is averaging 16.3 points and shooting 50% from the field this season for Philadelphia. He has been playing as well as ever in his nine seasons in the NBA for the Sixers this season, including starting after P.J. Tucker left in the James Harden trade.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Sixers are thumping teams recently, last night by 53 points!

Their point differential for the season is now a league high 11.9.  The second best are those pesky Celtics with 8.8.  The rivalry will reach new heights this season!

It's still early, but the Sixers seem ready to dominate :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Glad i found this. I’m not an Embid fan. Far from it. But his talent is undeniable. Ridiculous really, but he’s a slug. His stock went way up with me after his game with Jokic this week.. won the game and said on national tv, Nikola, youre the best player in the NBA. Truth. No ego. Fact. He gets it and I wouldn’t have guessed he did. Shut up the Kendrick Perkins of the world, and maybe strive to be better. He can be better.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

Oh, and im stuck with what would be an excellent role center who is thick in the head - Randall. He is a team killer unless he figures chit out.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

1 hour ago, phishallways said:

Glad i found this. I’m not an Embid fan. Far from it. But his talent is undeniable. Ridiculous really, but he’s a slug. His stock went way up with me after his game with Jokic this week.. won the game and said on national tv, Nikola, youre the best player in the NBA. Truth. No ego. Fact. He gets it and I wouldn’t have guessed he did. Shut up the Kendrick Perkins of the world, and maybe strive to be better. He can be better.

Embiid was worth the wait for the Sixers.  He was drafted even though he injured at the time.

He's a force to recon with, but there are many in the NBA.  You're right on the money with your assessment.

1 hour ago, phishallways said:

Oh, and im stuck with what would be an excellent role center who is thick in the head - Randall. He is a team killer unless he figures chit out.

It's a tough league, and some players take a little longer to figure it out.

On 1/18/2024 at 6:17 AM, Fishhead7 said:

Embiid was worth the wait for the Sixers.  He was drafted even though he injured at the time.

He's a force to recon with, but there are many in the NBA.  You're right on the money with your assessment.

70 points tonight

9 hours ago, DerrickT said:

70 points tonight

Embiid got those 70 with only ONE 3-pointer and he only played 37 minutes.

That's a 76ers record.  Wilt was with the Philadelphia Warriors when he scored 100.