NFC PSI 1190 & 1290

Rate this topic

Fergal

I have all the guides for all the builds at this point but I'm still waiting on some seats from REC (or a long shot miracle that Lemke seats become available soon). The new grip for the 12 is partially done and I'll work on the 11 grip this weekend (I used the grip above on the CTS since I had all of the components for that build on hand).

IMG_3160.jpeg

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

Nice Fergal.

slip n slide is using an 11 foot NFC blank for Steelhead. Great blank. About $200 but in the sales way less. Unground blank so very tough and the right action for Indicator and fighting Steelhead.

I think these blanks deserve more recognition. So pleased that you are building on them and can let us have your real life experience of them. Good stuff Fergal thank you.

mike

9 mins ago, Mike Oliver said:

Nice Fergal.

slip n slide is using an 11 foot NFC blank for Steelhead. Great blank. About $200 but in the sales way less. Unground blank so very tough and the right action for Indicator and fighting Steelhead.

I think these blanks deserve more recognition. So pleased that you are building on them and can let us have your real life experience of them. Good stuff Fergal thank you.

mike

It's hard to beat the pricing. They’re $203 each but buy three or more and they are $113 each.

Casting practice is up in a bit and I’ll be using the 8 & 9 for today’s work.

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

Hell why would we want to buy one. Does not make any sense. 

I am.interested in the 11 foot 6 and 7 wts. But will try the single handers when I can. But first I.must finish building for 3 very.kind and patient American friends some surf double handers. It has been a hectic year  I feel Shame and guilt for taking too long. They are half built .

Edited by Mike Oliver

Getting started on the 1 piece 12wt. Inleted rings made, seat on, handle glue up. I’ll turn the handle and install it tomorrow. Grind some guides and start wrapping on Tuesday and finish over the holiday weekend.

IMG_3255.jpeg

IMG_3259.jpeg

IMG_3257.jpeg

12wt handle is done. I'll start the guides thursday or friday. I'm off for 6 days starting thursday so i'll likely get this one done and the 11wt done as well. I finally got the reelseats for the 10 & 11 today. That took a month from REC.

IMG_3293.jpeg

IMG_3292.jpeg

IMG_3294.jpeg

Nice. Have you seen the amazing pricing on NFC blanks. Insane. I find their web site frustrating in that it does not give a good description of each blank.

When pricing returns to normal it might elicit some negative thoughts.

I find it difficult to understand how a product can be so deeply discounted.

mike