Christmas Island Prep

Rate this topic

PhillyPhisher

Are you going to the Australian varient, or to Kiritimati? If it’s the latter, I’ll get you in touch with one of our members that can help.

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Watching that Reds u tube i think a visit is in my future. I thought it was much moar spensive. At 3500$ or even 4k (plane tix aside) its definitely a bucket list trip, if there are 6 guided days that is. I like two travel days and 6 fishing days for these jaunts. Accommodations, if adequate are of less concern, but they better not run out of beer. A day outside the flats is even acceptable if there is a competent chef at the lodge to cook the catch.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

8 mins ago, phishallways said:

Watching that Reds u tube i think a visit is in my future. I thought it was much moar spensive. At 3500$ or even 4k (plane tix aside) its definitely a bucket list trip, if there are 6 guided days that is. I like two travel days and 6 fishing days for these jaunts. Accommodations, if adequate are of less concern, but they better not run out of beer. A day outside the flats is even acceptable if there is a competent chef at the lodge to cook the catch.

+1

It’s definitely an affordable location. Travel isn’t cheap. From the west coast it’s around 2k. Plus at least one night in HI. However, compared to most lodge type trips it’s quite cheap. And I don’t need fancy. I sleep in my truck for a week at a time on trips. This will most likely be more comfortable than that. Another reason it’s affordable is that you have to bring all your gear. They don’t supply anything. I like this as well. Makes it more personal. There’s a lot more ownership in the trip. 

I will definitely make a post about the experience after the trip in early January.