CT report

Rate this topic

Drew9745

Nice couple fish. I was walking the beaches in Eastern CT earlier this week. Only caught a small bass but there were some Albies around but no love. Small fast moving pods on what looked to be really small bait made it tough. I did see a few nice blackfish caught off the beach.

On 10/27/2023 at 6:35 PM, EBHarvey said:

question......is tog fishing this year particularly good, or is it always like this? 

My friend told me it's been very good this year :howdy:

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

BE ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING

<*((())))>< <*((())))><

As far as stripers are concerned all of my normal areas have gone down the toilet. This is fishing nights, early mornings at all different tides etc. I’m seeing some bait but not like years past.  I think all the fish are in Long Island and decided not to come over to CT lol. I welcome November maybe things will turn around.  I’m not talking river fishing either just plain old beach fishing.  

On 10/29/2023 at 9:37 AM, Mark L said:

As far as stripers are concerned all of my normal areas have gone down the toilet. This is fishing nights, early mornings at all different tides etc. I’m seeing some bait but not like years past.  I think all the fish are in Long Island and decided not to come over to CT lol. I welcome November maybe things will turn around.  I’m not talking river fishing either just plain old beach fishing.  

^^Ditto

Bait is non-existent in my area.  If there are peanuts around, they get wiped out fairly quickly but the less than normal amount of bass and blues that are around.  Chased them for three hours the other day, was more frustrating than albie fishing and this was inside a relatively small harbor!   

Was out toggin' on Saturday for a good portion of the outgoing, NOT a splash anywhere.  This includes looking on the way out and the way in.  Even the birds gave up

Not a very fall-like fall run from my experiences so far

Edited by Chunks