2023 tog reports

Rate this topic

drc

The guys fishing the shallow rock piles in the bay seemed to be the only ones doing well Sunday. I only had a few hours to fish in the morning and got stuck fishing at dead slack. Right as we were getting ready to go, the bite picked up as the tide started to flow back in. Started fishing in 35ft and nothing then went shallower to around 19ft. I believe Robbie was near me fishing in the vicinity of a certain isolated homestead on a rock but couldn't be certain it was him. 

1 hour ago, Billybob said:

What is the RI Tog classic?

What were the rules?

This was the last one unless someone else picks it up. Individual and team prizes for biggest fish/total weight for 6 guys. Boat, kayak, shore and youth divisions. Big raffle and food after. Benefit for local cancer charity.

9 hours ago, gellfex said:

Last thursday son and I fished bay in 10ft at mid tide, good bite with tons of shorts, I had a nice 18.5" 5#, he kept a barely keeper and several more were caught between us.

10# AVERAGE in RI??? Lordy!

When you find them, you find them. Two weeks ago on my normal spot around 30' caught 5x 7-10lb fish in a span of 30 min. It's a normal spot for keepers but big ones were there that day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 weeks ago I got 4 @17-18" last weekend my wife got her first at just under 17". All were caught on sandfleas in OCMD. Water temp was 58 degrees.

"The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before,
the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat."
Jacques Cousteau

• 2 weeks later...