Old Lure inquiry

Rate this topic

FwarF

So, I came upon a box of older plugs of varying shapes and sizes, mostly tins... but among them was this solid plastic molded lure with a single hook behind it and no discernable markings anywhere else. I tried Googling what I could and didn't really seem to pop up any real hits. Just curious on what it might be!

20231008_180750.jpg

20231008_180803.jpg

14 hours ago, FwarF said:

is there any particular condition or retrieve they shine in?

They were originally designed to maximize casting distance/punch through wind in order to reach distant bluefish (hence the single hook), and attract fish on a fast surface retrieve.

Folks have since found that they can catch bass, too, at times, but they were originally conceived as an aerodynamic bluefish plug.

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

14 hours ago, FwarF said:

Really nifty looking! I'm assuming they're topwaters based on feel alone, is there any particular condition or retrieve they shine in?

Albies really very fast.

Blues and bass, steady retrieve with a twitch every now and then works for me.

5 mins ago, NJTramcar said:

Albies really very fast.

Blues and bass, steady retrieve with a twitch every now and then works for me.

I have a chrome one of the smallest size - the peppy - that albies absolutely love.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.