Bounty Hunter Charters.

Rate this topic

drc

If you're gonna go party boating in RI waters for tog, i can recommend capt Eric and his mate Pete. Around since 2006, they do a nice job. We got a limit of tog today plus some sea bass. Biggest fish was released. Nice boat, max of 18 anglers.

Eric is a good guy and runs an excellent operation.

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood

Good to know. I'm thinking of stealing a day up to RI for some tog. Been scoping charters. A decent head boat would be alright too. 

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

9 hours ago, Niffty said:

Good to know. I'm thinking of stealing a day up to RI for some tog. Been scoping charters. A decent head boat would be alright too. 

8 hours ago, Kml said:

The 7B's was great because they had an awesome galley with hot food.

I know they closed the galley during covid. Would have to check if it reopened. 

The 7Bs and Francis boats have weird schedules and don't sail every day. Island Current III sails daily but Mondays are usually competition days with a $50-$100 mandatory pool. 

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

I'm booked for this Thursday as a first timer with them.  Sold my boat this year and have been out on a few party boat trips and am fishing from shore again.  Like the idea of limiting the number tickets sold.  A bit early in the Tog season but weather looks ok with 12knot winds and 3ft seas.  It's a sporty time of year.

On 9/25/2023 at 12:42 PM, Niffty said:

ICIII completion dates are posted. If you go on these trips you have to be in the pool and reserve in advance.

SPECIAL TOURNAMENT-MONDAY BLACKFISH 
Rhode Island Departure 
Monday, 10/30 - 50/50 Trip
Monday, 11/6 - Lift or Loose
Monday, 11/13 - 50/50
Monday, 11/20 - Lift or Loose
Monday, 11/27 - 50/50 
Monday, 12/4 - 50/50
Monday, 12/11 - 50/50

Times 5 am 
50/50- $130 fare / Cash $130 pool
Lift or Loose - $130 fare / Cash $50 pool

7Bs posted tog schedule is Wed-Sun only 

Francis Fleet says they are sailing two boats daily. One for tog. One for sea bass and cod.  However, I've seen them load all on one boat. I wouldn't sign on for that again.

On 9/25/2023 at 12:42 PM, Niffty said:

Bounty hunter was my first party boat trip. Local boat. Excellent capt and the mate was on fire. Booking was easy. All regs were adhered to and the mate insisted we let the big girls go. 

2 mins ago, drc said:

Bounty hunter was my first party boat trip. Local boat. Excellent capt and the mate was on fire. Booking was easy. All regs were adhered to and the mate insisted we let the big girls go. 

It's probably the best "party" boat. I just don't go for sailing out of Newport. 

44 mins ago, drc said:

Wat?

I drive up from Jersey. I don't have to go over the bridge into Newport. Galilee is closer.

Edited by Mike
Effing aggressive spellchecker