SaltX 2nd Gen Spinning Reel

Rate this topic

Sir Defyable

10 hours ago, RTGfishLBI said:

Does anyone know if the new reel will be available in black?

Tks 

It will not be available in black.  Not yet at this point in production 

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

12 hours ago, RTGfishLBI said:

Thank you  hopefully soon

The idea was to do a crazy type 3 hardcoat anodize, and make the color variant mean something more than color.  Black wasn't an option.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

37 mins ago, Patrickstar said:

What’s your thoughts on it. I loved my first gens but sold them thinking second gen would be coming out sooner 

I thought the gen1 was a fantastic reel but not always right if the box. Had to work at it to dial it in which not many were willing to do.

I don’t have time to take it apart just yet but maybe later today. I’m hand it feels solid, a little heavy on the handle and rotation is tight (like a sealed reel usually is) but still feels smooth. Minimal gear lash though the first SaltX was all over the place with out-of-the-box shimming so this seems fine if it’s consistent. Drag is clicky but not ringy and the reel spins pretty quietly. Taking the bail arm mechanism from Visser was a great choice though the Visser implementation is better. This one is still a little snappy at the almost open position. An improvement either way I think it’s how all bails should be made after fishing Visser for a while now.

1 hour ago, Sir Defyable said:

I thought the gen1 was a fantastic reel but not always right if the box. Had to work at it to dial it in which not many were willing to do.

I don’t have time to take it apart just yet but maybe later today. I’m hand it feels solid, a little heavy on the handle and rotation is tight (like a sealed reel usually is) but still feels smooth. Minimal gear lash though the first SaltX was all over the place with out-of-the-box shimming so this seems fine if it’s consistent. Drag is clicky but not ringy and the reel spins pretty quietly. Taking the bail arm mechanism from Visser was a great choice though the Visser implementation is better. This one is still a little snappy at the almost open position. An improvement either way I think it’s how all bails should be made after fishing Visser for a while now.

Thanks looking forward to hearing what you gotta say after opening it up

1 hour ago, Kewanee said:

Thanks for the videos (nice color scheme on the Visser)! Is it the saltx 2 4000? What rod are you thinking about pairing it with?

That is a 6k, which is the same size I used in the first version.

I usually fish that reel with a 10’ black hole SBS or a 9’ (one piece) Lami GSB built from a 1201M blank