SaltX 2nd Gen Spinning Reel

Rate this topic

Sir Defyable

8 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

It was either me (Nick P) or Nick C.

I made sure to get anyone with an issue up and running, and offer spoos for the inconvenience.  Nick C did the same.

Yes you did. You are one of the brains of our games. I know Nick C wouldn’t take it lightly to hear bad customer service. He’s a great guy but don’t get on the wrong side. You guys take it serious. (Except when it’s time to have fun). 

• 2 weeks later...

J&B Tackle Co currently have the v2s (search Salt X II on their site) listed but not in stock between $400-$460 (3k-8k) with no release date. 

Wonder if Tsunami is trying to get rid of v1s before v2 release or if there are supply chain issues. Most companies have a few months of overlap between old/new products coexisting, but if the v2s are really that much better than the v1s then I can see Tsunami wanting to get rid of the v1s first. Getting close to a full year since announcement yet no release. 

Looks like their main site finally sold out of the v1 and pulled the listing from the site, it's still there in certain spots but not under reels, so they might be gearing up to release soon. The customer service rep told me April but take that with a grain of salt. Looking to get one before the season really starts but not looking great. 

On 4/17/2024 at 8:38 PM, Jim McFeeley said:

At this point won't most people just wait for the new model ? Is there a big difference between the 2 ? 

People buy what they want to buy.

Also, it is a 300$ price point.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just curious. These 2nd generation reels were introduced at icast last year. Icast ‘24 is in 3 weeks-ish. is it typical to take this long for a new release to be available to the public? From what I have heard, this will be a nice spinning reel.

• 2 weeks later...