SaltX 2nd Gen Spinning Reel

Rate this topic

Sir Defyable

On 10/6/2023 at 2:34 PM, scoobydoo said:

I took an offer at a new company and left Folsom/Tsunami 3 weeks ago....I'm still involved to some extent with the development process, but not nearly as much as I was early.

As of now there is no release date on Salt X 2 reels.   

Fudge.

Wasn't as interested in the reels anyways - any news you can share on the new rods? 

18 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Yes and yes.

Moved to cape cod, my bench is being delivered by a friend next who is a former co worker.  Should be here in a few days.

We've been building out a studio which can accomodate all sorts of cool "things"  

Gonna be fun!

Congratulations on the new job, and looking forward to seeing your new videos. OH

On 10/6/2023 at 2:34 PM, scoobydoo said:

I took an offer at a new company and left Folsom/Tsunami 3 weeks ago....I'm still involved to some extent with the development process, but not nearly as much as I was early.

As of now there is no release date on Salt X 2 reels.   

Well that was a short run. Lol

at least fishing jobs seem in demand. Which is good. 

where’d you go to now?  A certain lure company next to the canal?

haters will always hate. trolls will always troll. its how the internet works.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 10:36 PM, Saltfruit said:

Fudge.

Wasn't as interested in the reels anyways - any news you can share on the new rods? 

Forged bagged a few 40# fish this week... 

The 8'7 and 9'7 salt x rods played keep away with seals, using 25# bass as the ball. 

The only casualty were snapped vs crank arms. 

IMG_20231020_160541.jpg

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

13 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Forged bagged a few 40# fish this week... 

The 8'7 and 9'7 salt x rods played keep away with seals, using 25# bass as the ball. 

The only casualty were snapped vs crank arms. 

IMG_20231020_160541.jpg

Cool to hear, will be looking forward to seeing them in a shop. 

I don’t care if the new ones are twice as good as a VS! I still would not ever order or buy a Tsunami reel. Never ever again. Because their service sucks. Four months to get 3 reels repaired. And they still weren’t fixed. An additional 2 months to fix their mistakes. Endless unanswered calls. Never a call back. Or when I did get a call it was just a bunch of BS! I won’t name the woman I spoke with. Extremely disappointed. Service is just as important as the product and Tsunami fell way way short. 
Mike

Tight Lines and High Tides Forever! mtl50

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/21/2023 at 8:22 PM, mtl50 said:

I don’t care if the new ones are twice as good as a VS! I still would not ever order or buy a Tsunami reel. Never ever again. Because their service sucks. Four months to get 3 reels repaired. And they still weren’t fixed. An additional 2 months to fix their mistakes. Endless unanswered calls. Never a call back. Or when I did get a call it was just a bunch of BS! I won’t name the woman I spoke with. Extremely disappointed. Service is just as important as the product and Tsunami fell way way short. 
Mike

Mike I had a problem and there customer service was top-notch to me. I had my reel back in a week. I even got a free spool. I would report her to The big boss. I think his name is Nick S. He’s a no BS boss. 

3 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Mike I had a problem and there customer service was top-notch to me. I had my reel back in a week. I even got a free spool. I would report her to The big boss. I think his name is Nick S. He’s a no BS boss. 

That is really good to know. If you have any contact information for the guy that you spoke with, could you PM me with a name and number? Because I have had nothing but problems with the people I’ve dealt with. I know that I have not dealt with anybody named Nick.and it’s really too bad because they make some really good stuff. Thank you very much. 

Tight Lines and High Tides Forever! mtl50

I do have to say, I felt the newer SaltX at the JSS show, it seems promising. Extremely light and smooth for being a sealed reel- I hope it is fully sealed and not just mostly sealed like some reels are (most penns for example). Time will tell I suppose! I’ve met Nick S and he’s a great guy. Hope to get my hands on one of the new SaltX’s once they get on the market. Can’t say anything regarding the service/customer service though, haven’t dealt with that part of the company.

On 4/4/2024 at 6:30 AM, Steve_M said:

It was either me (Nick P) or Nick C.

I made sure to get anyone with an issue up and running, and offer spoos for the inconvenience.  Nick C did the same.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims