SaltX 2nd Gen Spinning Reel

Rate this topic

Sir Defyable

@scoobydoo I speak for all SOL in congratulating you in your recent endeavors with Tsunami. I’ve had some experiences with the first generation of the reel through my own purchases and through some on my close friends buying their own based on my recommendation along with the offer to service their reels for them based on my comfort level of working on them, so I have to say I’m excited to see how the new models perform in the wild. The video is just a tease for what level of detail must be coming soon in a future video, but worth a watch either way.

I would love to hear more about the product! I’ve been in contact with Cindy recently about some parts but maybe I should hold off on repairs until these new models become available.

Hats off amigo, I think you are well deserving of such a role in that company and I can see why you previously described it as a dream job for you :th:

@Sir Defyable

Not a Catalina fan anymore?

I still think Catalinas absolutely smash any reels for its price, new old stock or used. Since it is a superspinner class. Lol

I still find it fun how the whole industry copies daiwas design elements. Daiwa doesn't get enough credit. Haha

haters will always hate. trolls will always troll. its how the internet works.

1 hour ago, EricL said:

@Sir Defyable

I still think Catalinas absolutely smash any reels for its price, new old stock or used. Since it is a superspinner class. Lol

I still find it fun how the whole industry copies daiwas design elements. Daiwa doesn't get enough credit. Haha

Oh I am, huge fan. Caught more 40+” bass on my 3500 Catalina than any other reel I own! Just a different application, in my use anyway. I had a chance to order a handful of Catalinas recently and the deal fell through- I almost cried.

3 hours ago, EricL said:

@Sir Defyable

Define superspiner class please, educate us as to what makes a spinning reel a super spinner

I enjoy daiwa as much as anyone but fail to see how any one reel can be a supperspinner for all situations. Is it something to do with the exclusivity that comes with price? Is it a fear that a passer-by might not be impressed by the brand name and associated price tag it carries?

So what is the set criteria where a reel can start being called a superspiner?

Developing highly refined open source DIY rod designs for the small boat fishing for the table

The Creelmaster Jig and Creelmaster Spin

(*member formerly known as 'saqa')

9 hours ago, Sir Defyable said:

Oh I am, huge fan. Caught more 40+” bass on my 3500 Catalina than any other reel I own! Just a different application, in my use anyway. I had a chance to order a handful of Catalinas recently and the deal fell through- I almost cried.

I still have 4 or 5. Lol

haters will always hate. trolls will always troll. its how the internet works.

I think it's good Scooby with his knowledge on reels is helping design a better reel. Now, having said that, the last Tsunami SaltX reels were pretty much sh*t. So hopefully with Scoob's knowledge they've designed a better reel. However I won't be lining up to buy one, I don't think I would line up to buy anything of Tsunami honestly. Maybe in due time once there's a lot out there in peoples hands, and they proved themselves in designing a quality reel, then maybe I'd consider. 

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

45 mins ago, MattieG said:

I think it's good Scooby with his knowledge on reels is helping design a better reel. Now, having said that, the last Tsunami SaltX reels were pretty much sh*t. So hopefully with Scoob's knowledge they've designed a better reel. However I won't be lining up to buy one, I don't think I would line up to buy anything of Tsunami honestly. Maybe in due time once there's a lot out there in peoples hands, and they proved themselves in designing a quality reel, then maybe I'd consider. 

I never owned a salt x reel so I can't speak on them but Tsunami makes some really nice rods for a good price. The Salt X and Airwave Elite are two really nice rods that are very reasonably priced.

1 min ago, Turkeybacn said:

I never owned a salt x reel so I can't speak on them but Tsunami makes some really nice rods for a good price. The Salt X and Airwave Elite are two really nice rods that are very reasonably priced.

Yeah no they have some decent rods I’m not disputing that. Their reels however haven’t been good. Maybe that’ll change with Scoob on their team.

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, OU812 said:

I took an offer at a new company and left Folsom/Tsunami 3 weeks ago....I'm still involved to some extent with the development process, but not nearly as much as I was early.

As of now there is no release date on Salt X 2 reels.   

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

31 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

I took an offer at a new company and left Folsom/Tsunami 3 weeks ago....I'm still involved to some extent with the development process, but not nearly as much as I was early.

As of now there is no release date on Salt X 2 reels.   

Is this new company in the fishing industry?

Does this mean the Tackle Advisors youtube channel will be resurrected? 

On 10/6/2023 at 3:07 PM, TACKLE JUNKIE said:

Is this new company in the fishing industry?

Does this mean the Tackle Advisors youtube channel will be resurrected? 

Yes and yes.

Moved to cape cod, my bench is being delivered by a friend next who is a former co worker.  Should be here in a few days.

We've been building out a studio which can accomodate all sorts of cool "things"  

Gonna be fun!

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims