Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
old_username

CASTNET ADVICE?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a 5 foot 3/8 mesh Scotchline Deluxe Monofilment Cast Net...Comes in a bucket...I have not opened it and Ia'm not sure if this is a good first timer size to have...Any Input?

Purchase Price at Dick's Sporting Goods for about $27.99.

I've got a 4 footer that I used for the first time this summer. Just take your time and practice. I threw it a good dozen time before I got even close to a decent cast.

Good size to start but realize that every cast net is best suited for certain baits in certain situations. A net that size should be fine for nuts up to 5" when they are in shallower water with no hard current. They deeper they are the faster they are and the hard they are going to be with that mesh size and the weight per foot that net came with.

practice, practice, practice

Practice smactice, buy one of them "easy throw" nets with the dummy aluminum ring built into the top. You'll be throwin like a pro in 10 minutes.

Yes, it's what I did. I didn't want to "put the time in" to learn how to throw one for real, aint worth my time for the amout of live bait I go after wink.gif

------------------

Ed J

EdJ@StripersOnline.com