IF you are having trouble logging in or staying logged in ×

Saw this on facebook

Rate this topic

On 5/19/2023 at 3:19 PM, Kones1 said:

Give him a wicked beating and take his gear   It works. Calling for help ? How's that working out ? They come here illegally and have NO respect for anything. Calling him a POS is being kind     The guys at the dam in Troy NY took care of that crap and cleaned them out. And cleaned up tons of trash. They only understand 1 thing   He's not stopping that because a nice guy informed him what he already knew.  

Sure......   Who are "they"?  And how do you know "they" are here illegally?   

IF this is true, Im thinking the potential assault charge would make a poaching charge pale in comparison.  Plus, what a great way to create a positive image for sport fisherman.   Im sure it will help to foster public access too.  You attack the wrong guy and your likely to catch a round to the chest.  Especially if its with a bunch of help ("the guys at the dam)>

Edited by Jeff270

On 5/20/2023 at 11:05 AM, Kones1 said:

Yes many. Many   

So I assume each time you gave them a "wicked beating and took their gear" as I don't want to think you are just a keyboard tough guy?

Edited by PaulS

On 5/19/2023 at 4:45 PM, Ditch Jigger said:

And you know that he came to the US illegally how, exactly? Because he has a Spanish accent? Lots of people in NJ and NY have those accents. And lots of them are from Puerto Rico and are US citizens.

Your racism got you in trouble here before. :dismay:

His racism is bad enough, but recommending assault and robbery as a response to violating fishing regulation is just plain stupid. I would normally just edit his post, but since you responded, we can use this as a discussion :)

Kones, if you assault and rob someone because they kept a short fish, you should be locked up...and all your gear taken away :wave: Stop recommending violent over reactions to things that happen while fishing - like throwing rocks, casting sinkers, beating people up, etc. If you did any of the stuff you keep recommending, you'd be in jail already. Stop please just stop with that stuff - thanks :th:

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:01 AM, johnysmoke said:

Probably time to make sure we have the Environmental Police numbers in our phone for the season. 

I've called them in the past, in NJ it's an absolute and complete waste of time. Apparently in NY and maybe MA, someone will answer the phone and dispatch LEO to the location. Not in NJ. I gave up trying. You get a message, maybe a day or two later a call back. What good is that? I understand it's a budget thing....we got billions to give away for people too lazy to ever get a job, but can't bother to protect our natural resources. I wish calling a number would result in someone coming to enforce the law...and I gave up a decade or so ago...it's just too aggravating to get an answering machine while you are watching a crime in progress :dismay:

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

On 5/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, TimS said:

I've called them in the past, in NJ it's an absolute and complete waste of time. Apparently in NY and maybe MA, someone will answer the phone and dispatch LEO to the location. Not in NJ. I gave up trying. You get a message, maybe a day or two later a call back. What good is that? I understand it's a budget thing....we got billions to give away for people too lazy to ever get a job, but can't bother to protect our natural resources. I wish calling a number would result in someone coming to enforce the law...and I gave up a decade or so ago...it's just too aggravating to get an answering machine while you are watching a crime in progress :dismay:

Which is the real reason for people feeling the way Kones does. Minus the racism I might add.

Completely ignoring the turn this thread took, I feel like poaching has become much more out in the open lately. (Although, admittedly, I try to ignore areas where people gather so I have a small sample size.) However, yesterday I saw people live-lining herring out in the open midday, not trying to conceal it in any way -- I feel like I didn't see that 10-15 years ago.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:01 AM, johnysmoke said:

Probably time to make sure we have the Environmental Police numbers in our phone for the season. 

You can make all the calls you want it don't guarantee a response. I've had the pleasure of not having EPO showing even after the local police officer called on scene after I had called earlier. 

About 5/6 years ago my son and a friend were headed out duck hunting ended having a local giving them a hard time. He had already called F&G like 10/15 minutes prior to calling me. By chance the wife and myself were in the area and had literally just drove by the EPO sitting in boat ramp parking lot. So I tell the wife to turn around and head back. I call my son to let him know the EPO will be there shortly and then called the EPO hot line. She asked if this pertaining the pending hunter harassment call told her yes. At this point I was told he must be tied up end will get there ASAP. I said he's tied up all right sitting at the boat ramp about a half mile away from where the call is. Doing my best not be an icehole I said if he pleases he can follow me to where the incident is. I was told it wouldn't be necessary. I did wait till he left called the kid to let me know when he showed up he was pulling up as we spoke. 

On 5/20/2023 at 9:54 AM, Jeff270 said:

Sure......   Who are "they"?  And how do you know "they" are here illegally?   

IF this is true, Im thinking the potential assault charge would make a poaching charge pale in comparison.  Plus, what a great way to create a positive image for sport fisherman.   Im sure it will help to foster public access too.  You attack the wrong guy and your likely to catch a round to the chest.  Especially if its with a bunch of help ("the guys at the dam)>

A positive image for sport fisherman is long gone. It's absolutely disgusting every spot that I go this year.

And it's no secret who the majority of offending people are. 

This is nothing new why can't they be singled out?

troll #122  <*)))<

Ok Kenny let explain how it works. Being retired fro NYS prison system I'm no stranger to what it takes. We put together over 3 dozen like minded sports men and long time citizens, and that was the first year. Year 3 now. So yes I've "seen" several take a swim. No help is coming. Fix it yourselves or shut the f up.