Is there and over abundance of 28-31 inch fish this year??

Rate this topic

codfish

I have been hitting the beach pretty hard and I have yet not to catch a 28-31 inch fish each time out, have you guys noticed lots of new size slot limit fish this year?? The lure is a 9 inch squid jerk bait:th:

DSCF0351.JPG

Edited by codfish

The big 2015 year class will average about 31 1/2 inches in length, with natural variation resulting in a lot of fish both larger and smaller than that average.

So there will be a lot of 28-31 inch fish this season.

But I wouldn't call it an "overabundance."

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

On 5/19/2023 at 8:05 AM, CWitek said:

The big 2015 year class will average about 31 1/2 inches in length, with natural variation resulting in a lot of fish both larger and smaller than that average.

So there will be a lot of 28-31 inch fish this season.

But I wouldn't call it an "overabundance."

:th:

Sure, been noticing a similar trend with 28-31 inchers this year. Could be that the baitfish population they're feeding on is high, making them easier to catch. Don't forget to change up your lure sizes, though - sometimes variety can give you the upper hand in different conditions.

fishing! yey!

On 5/20/2023 at 6:12 AM, TopRicardo said:

Sure, been noticing a similar trend with 28-31 inchers this year. Could be that the baitfish population they're feeding on is high, making them easier to catch. Don't forget to change up your lure sizes, though - sometimes variety can give you the upper hand in different conditions.

:th: