14' Starcraft. $4000

DMacLeod

I am upsizing so this one has to go.    2006 Starcraft 14' , 2021 15 HP Mercury  electric start (less than 25 hours), Battery and trolling motor, Trailer has 3 new tires and rims. 

Only selling as I am buying a 16' Lund tomorrow.    I have over $6500 into this but need to get rid of it as only have covered space for 1 boat. 

IMG_0447.jpeg

IMG_0441.jpeg

IMG_0436 3.jpeg

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

Edited by DMacLeod

3 mins ago, bassmaster said:

Lol, me has to think bout it

I might buy new cause im a idiot

No problem,  new is good if you can find what you want.  The 15 is under warranty for about 22 more months.

The Lund I'm picking up today is 10K.   A new one  would be 30K .    What caught my eye is he only used it in freshwater and engine hours are fairly low. 259

I'm going to be putting this on Uncle Henrys later today.

5 mins ago, DMacLeod said:

No problem,  new is good if you can find what you want.  The 15 is under warranty for about 22 more months.

The Lund I'm picking up today is 10K.   A new one  would be 30K .    What caught my eye is he only used it in freshwater and engine hours are fairly low. 259

I'm going to be putting this on Uncle Henrys later today.

So do you think its underpowered 

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

9 mins ago, bassmaster said:

So do you think its underpowered 

Depends on what you want to do with it.  When I bought it there was a 25 Johnson on it.  Lower end had pin holes in casing so I sold motor and bought a new 8 HP Merc for the ponds up here with 9.9 restrictions.  I wasn't happy with the 8HP  but the 15 does decent it will get up on plane even with my fat butt on the back.   Electric start is nice too.  

Sure it could it use a bigger motor but a bigger motor is well over my asking price for entire boat package.  Thus I am selling it.

I didn't go bigger than 15 when I bought this one because there were nothing to be had at the time  2021 (covid)

Edited by DMacLeod

12 mins ago, DMacLeod said:

Depends on what you want to do with it.  When I bought it there was a 25 Johnson on it.  Lower end had pin holes in casing so I sold motor and bought a new 8 HP Merc for the ponds up here with 9.9 restrictions.  I wasn't happy with the 8HP  but the 15 does decent it will get up on plane even with my fat butt on the back.   Electric start is nice too.  

Sure it could it use a bigger motor but a bigger motor is well over my asking price for entire boat package.  Thus I am selling it.

I didn't go bigger than 15 when I bought this one because there were nothing to be had at the time  2021 (covid)

I here ya, i need a mafia boat to chase in teh habah

Im weird bout boats hence its all about teh motor, i had a j14 underpowered  it sucked

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

10 mins ago, bassmaster said:

I here ya, i need a mafia boat to chase in teh habah

Im weird bout boats hence its all about teh motor, i had a j14 underpowered  it sucked

Agreed it is all about the motor.  (that's why I went new).    I could have sold this 15 and bought a 25 but that would be adding extra cost to a $4000-4500 boat as no matter what is on it it's still a 06 boat so would never get the added 2K back out if it.  

If you want it as a go fast boat this isn't for you as boat is wide and heavy.

I am better off soaking in my losses and moving on.

Plus my wife wouldn't be happy  with 2 boats in the backyard.

I'd be starting to look like Sanford & Sons

Edited by DMacLeod