Quintrex

Rate this topic

DMacLeod

Aussie rings a bell in my head as well, BB beat me to it

I would have to guess that thing would be a lot more solid than your average tin can with that integrated swim platform tying it all together

Engine that size??  Etec ALL the way!

Edited by makorider

50 mins ago, DMacLeod said:

That’s where I am at thought wise.    I was kind of thinking something for fresh and salt.   

There's a dual console Quintrex down this way in Attleboro that might be a little more suitable for dual purpose. If you do a FB Marketplace search, it should pop up for you. It has a 90 hp Suzuki 4 stroke and a couple thousand more in price than this one you're looking at. I think the one up your way is in much better shape though.

2 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

There's a dual console Quintrex down this way in Attleboro that might be a little more suitable for dual purpose. If you do a FB Marketplace search, it should pop up for you. It has a 90 hp Suzuki 4 stroke and a couple thousand more in price than this one you're looking at. I think the one up your way is in much better shape though.

I saw that one but am not too keen on the bow rider style.  

If the first one was set up open floor  like a Lund Fury it would perfect.   

12 mins ago, The Riddler said:

@Kphresh

Great boats, I was very lucky to have scored mine but yes I will be letting it go here soon after I get some service done.

It's a fishing vessel all the way. High gunnels, handles chop well, nice open deck. Mine is the 18ft version of that original pic in your post. I have a 100hp Yamaha on mine.

Light enough that it can be towed by most vehicles easily even with gear and a full tank.

That boat is a bass boat and this is the third time I've seen it come up for sale. It's been bouncing around New England for probably 5 or 6 years now (at least that I've seen).  I've always liked it but I don't do enough freshwater fishing.

I have a couple Quintrex: a 17 side console and a 21 cabin boat. They're perfect for me. They're deep, heavy, fully welded out of thick metal.  If I remember correctly the bottoms are 5mm plate.  I've had the 17 out to the windmills behind Block Island a few times.  The shape of their "Millennium hull" rides soft and dry (for a metal boat anyway).  I've also spent time on a 17 Widebody Dory which is a great boat.

I love them both but you'll have to pry the wheel of the 17 from my cold dead hands.

IMG_20220522_135049.jpg.77ede84214e1aa8736ce316a212f09b0.jpg20160723_140111.jpg.607da15fc59ed7b5909ed6c434c9511d.jpg