Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The ORB

Yellow Nautil 6500 bail problem - Help?

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

I had noticed recently that the automatic bail trip on my Nautil has been getting notchy and stiff. After fishing with it yesterday on the Cape, it stopped working altogether. The bail is now so stiff that it gets jammed before it fully closes. This isn't the end of the world as I tend to often close the bail by hand anyway (especially when using braid), but it is annoying. The problem seems to be at the end opposite to the line roller. The reel is only a few months old and has only been used maybe 15-20 times.

Anyone else had this problem? Is there a quick fix I can do, as I'd hate to have to send it off to Pure fishing and lose it for the end of the season. crying.gif

my 7500 started to do that. Make sure the screw is tight (kinda hard to access) and give it a good rinse & a little oil. Not sure exactly which of those helped mine, but it's fine now.

Smash it.. Rage out and run it over with the car.. Those reels are really starting to piss me off. My 3rd Nautil(which I just got 3 weeks ago) grinds under pressure.. Ahhh.. I'll have to deal with it.. I'm not going without the reel for now.. Bob Hulme, you'll be getting my 3rd return sometime before the end of 02.. frown.gif

ErikT

EricT,

I'm on my second myself. Maybe we could get on an "Automatic Schedule", where they simply ship us a new reel every 30-60 days ?

Looks like we'll need it anyway

A-Jay

My bail doesn't close any more automatically...I'm just gonna wait until the season is over and then send it in for repair...it's only a few months old.

------------------

Bow to the Cow---Tight Lines and Screaming Drags!!!

Member #1666

PEACE OUT!!!

I just got mine this week and so far so good.

However everytime I hook a fish all I can think about is the gears tearing each other apart. cwm24.gif I've been going easy on it so far.

Same problem. Seems the culprit is sand and salt deposits clinging to the grease on the bail spring (unscrew the lid to get to it). Gave it my best shot with a little elbow grease and some water...bail works but is still a little sticky.

-WW

------------------

fww.gif

The Pause That Refreshes

How many are yellow?

"I'd hate to have to send it off to Pure fishing and lose it for the end of the season."

Doesn't PF ship you the new reel first, and then you send the old reel back?

[This message has been edited by Triet (edited 10-21-2002).]

make sure teh bail screw is tight and also lubed. there is a little "nipple" that is spring loaded, that needs to be lubed. mine got sticky last fall, hasnt happened since.

My first yellow Nautil 6500 had the same problem, would NOT close automatically. Emailed Bob H and he sent me a new reel in two days! The new one has been working fine so far, no complaints. I love my Nautil :-}

Triet,

This should answer your question.

edited

Drop him a line, I'm sure he would love to hear from you.

Bob picked up my email address off this site and sent me the following: (Which I thought was a good thing)

Dear A-Jay,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your Nautil 6500 GV and I apologize

for the inconvenience. A-JAY, please supply me with your shipping address (UPS deliverable) and I will send out a replacement immediately. I read that you are interested in the PRO (Yellow) model, I will ship the yellow model if you so request.

If you have not already shipped out your reel Please send your reel to my attention at the address shown below. Please include a note that a replacement reel has already been shipped. With which hand do you retrieve? I would like to set up the replacement prior to it shipping. Also, if you have not shipped your reel please feel free to keep the spools and handle that came with your GV, as they will work on the Pro model

Sincerely,

Bob Hulme

Pure Fishing Reel Services Manager

1900 18th Street

Spirit Lake, Iowa 51360

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 10-22-2002).]