Century surf machine elite

Rate this topic

Uriel918

On 3/28/2023 at 7:58 PM, Local24 SSP said:

Maybe you or someone you know has dealt with ODM’s warranty. I only know 2 people that have, it’s a hassle from what I’ve been told. 
After a year with ODM you are SOL. That’s probably my biggest problem with them. They DO NOT stand by their product. 

$1100 is pricey, I personally wouldn’t put up that money on a rod. I had the 10’ 3/4-4 surf machine built for around $650 (forget exactly what I paid). Granted it’s only been a few weeks, so far I am a big fan of the rod. 

Not to beat an old dog but ODM certainly did not stand behind thier warranty when my rod failed. They providide the worst customer service I have revieved to date. I liked the rod but sold it after having to pay $300 for a new top section, and have not owned another since.

I was casting my century trying to reach Europe with a grandwave twenty and the tip flew off snapped the line never to be found , the tip … century replaced the half of rod and I have been casting it ever since … about 8 years … it’s a cannon , a basic hatters cast will get you to the far side of the trough at high or low tide … I’m almost afraid to use it … it’s definetly longer than the breakaway and lami … it will do in excess of 125 yards from a simple hatteras cast , 4-5 oz measured on a field … 

I have 1 piece Lami's, CTS vapor trail and ODM evo. I also love pencil popping and so far haven't seen a 2 piece rod on the beach that doesn't eventual start to twist on the top half of the rod that needs to be regularly adjusted. Now I haven't seen that many SME's so I'm just curious if it's a problem with this rod as well.

4 hours ago, BernOC said:

I have 1 piece Lami's, CTS vapor trail and ODM evo. I also love pencil popping and so far haven't seen a 2 piece rod on the beach that doesn't eventual start to twist on the top half of the rod that needs to be regularly adjusted. Now I haven't seen that many SME's so I'm just curious if it's a problem with this rod as well.

Think that’s just something you have to live with and keep on top of when using multi-piece rods.  Don’t think there’s anything special about the SME in this regard.  

My Legend does , unless I make sure it's tight. Tight like a Nuns habit tight. Then no twist 471 casts a bunch of nice fish and no twist. Tight. No twist. I have a 3 piece travel rod it will behave the same   Tight no twist and I've fought some nice fish on it. Another St Croix. Tight. Hard to pull apart tight. In the dark you have a difficult time seeing so you must have confidence knowing your rig is behaving the way you want and expect. I just ordered a Century SME because the quality will extend my fishing time. It's easy on me and I can throw a wide range of weight farther and with less effort. It's a 2 piece rig. Twist ? Holy smokes I hope not. Probably should make sure it's tight. Tight. Real tight. Good night. 

2 mins ago, Kones1 said:

My Legend does , unless I make sure it's tight. Tight like a Nuns habit tight. Then no twist 471 casts a bunch of nice fish and no twist. Tight. No twist. I have a 3 piece travel rod it will behave the same   Tight no twist and I've fought some nice fish on it. Another St Croix. Tight. Hard to pull apart tight. In the dark you have a difficult time seeing so you must have confidence knowing your rig is behaving the way you want and expect. I just ordered a Century SME because the quality will extend my fishing time. It's easy on me and I can throw a wide range of weight farther and with less effort. It's a 2 piece rig. Twist ? Holy smokes I hope not. Probably should make sure it's tight. Tight. Real tight. Good night. 

How tight?:laugh:

troll #122  <*)))<