Custom Salty Signs

Rate this topic

Ba Ba Buoy

So I saw an add on Facebook with some cool nautical signs displayed. I'm always wary of FB stuff because a lot of it is so dubious, so I noted the website and googled it instead. Everything looked legit from there, nice website with some fine examples shown of eye catching nautical signage. I liked the Octopuss, Tarpon, & Pelican outlines with nautical depth maps laid over them. So I investigated further and these guys show all kinds of custom order stuff for short money, not just nautical.

I proceeded to order a :airquote: custom Striped Bass sign with inlaid Cape Cod Bay Nauti chart and checked out for $45+$20 for shipping and hoped for the best. A day or two later I got a proof sent to me and I requested the map to be re positioned, 10 minutes later the next proof came back and bam, perfect placement... and approved!

A couple weeks later, special delivery, a nicely packaged Bass sign shows up at my door. The item I was intending on giving away as a gift, quickly became a... 'hell no this is staying with me' deal! I liked it so much, I immediately reordered the Bluefish outline with a Buzzards Bay/MV/Nantucket map as a companion and I'm even happier with that one!

So big thank you to CustomSaltySigns and a heads up to SOL members for man cave essentials, great gifts, or bedroom decor (like I did). My wife now wants one of their state border outlines with the local micro brew logos inside, Santa will have to get that one for her.

*I have no affiliation nor do I receive any compensation, just a happy customer here.

641b4224be42c_IMG_20230322_130933_1371.jpg.2a1dca8bdcda8993361f04ac3ef25d5d.jpg641b42a344ac4_IMG_20230322_131422_2451.jpg.2564b1aab2b0d6f9ea359cd6dab308fe.jpg

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

On 3/22/2023 at 6:16 PM, Ralphwupas said:

I’ve got a couple . Look great 

Can we see yours? 

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau

13 hours ago, Ralphwupas said:

Long Island Striped Bass 

275C7E7C-AB52-4920-A94F-65F161B1F4A2.jpeg

Very nice, thanks! :th::th:

~Henry David Thoreau

8 mins ago, Mack26 said:

These are awesome!

They border on true art, I for one would be thrilled to get one as a gift. I can't tell you how many expensive plugs I have sitting buried in totes in my basement that I never see or use. I expect to get many years of viewing pleasure from these for less than the price of Mike's Customs cheapest plug.

IMG_3089.JPG?format=500w

8735-5.jpg?format=500w

IMG_4396+2+Medium.jpeg?format=500w

~Henry David Thoreau

35 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

They border on true art, I for one would be thrilled to get one as a gift. I can't tell you how many expensive plugs I have sitting buried in totes in my basement that I never see or use. I expect to get many years of viewing pleasure from these for less than the price of Mike's Customs cheapest plug.

IMG_3089.JPG?format=500w

8735-5.jpg?format=500w

IMG_4396+2+Medium.jpeg?format=500w

Totally agree, they are super cool and would make a great gift! The thing is, they’re classy enough to dress up an expensive decorative taste, or just cool enough for a mantown. I’ll be looking into these for sure. That Florida one is awesome!

On 3/22/2023 at 2:07 PM, Ba Ba Buoy said:

So I saw an add on Facebook with some cool nautical signs displayed. I'm always wary of FB stuff because a lot of it is so dubious, so I noted the website and googled it instead. Everything looked legit from there, nice website with some fine examples shown of eye catching nautical signage. I liked the Octopuss, Tarpon, & Pelican outlines with nautical depth maps laid over them. So I investigated further and these guys show all kinds of custom order stuff for short money, not just nautical.

I proceeded to order a :airquote: custom Striped Bass sign with inlaid Cape Cod Bay Nauti chart and checked out for $45+$20 for shipping and hoped for the best. A day or two later I got a proof sent to me and I requested the map to be re positioned, 10 minutes later the next proof came back and bam, perfect placement... and approved!

A couple weeks later, special delivery, a nicely packaged Bass sign shows up at my door. The item I was intending on giving away as a gift, quickly became a... 'hell no this is staying with me' deal! I liked it so much, I immediately reordered the Bluefish outline with a Buzzards Bay/MV/Nantucket map as a companion and I'm even happier with that one!

So big thank you to CustomSaltySigns and a heads up to SOL members for man cave essentials, great gifts, or bedroom decor (like I did). My wife now wants one of their state border outlines with the local micro brew logos inside, Santa will have to get that one for her.

*I have no affiliation nor do I receive any compensation, just a happy customer here.

641b4224be42c_IMG_20230322_130933_1371.jpg.2a1dca8bdcda8993361f04ac3ef25d5d.jpg641b42a344ac4_IMG_20230322_131422_2451.jpg.2564b1aab2b0d6f9ea359cd6dab308fe.jpg

Thsts pretty awesome, I’ll have to look into that. May have to see if they have bonito or albie signs