2023 Spring Fling Saturday May 6th

Rate this topic

DerrickT

Saturday May 6th.  Meet around noon at McCleary Park in Belmar.

Food will be decided as we get closer to the date.

Any interest?

We need some ideas of where to do it unless somebody that resides in Mammoth County and wants to waste time finding out what it's going to take to use the beach club for a few hours.

Belmar may be another option.  And if we wait till the first weekend in May we can drop Kayaks right there and fish if you want.

We can get a few ideas and put it to a vote and pick a date.  

Edited by JMB

That too.  And it would be slightly less of a drive then flings of the past for friends to the south.  

@adams54 can be the voice to those who think flings are only for certain people or don't feel they know anyone well enough to attend.  

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

31 mins ago, fishless said:

That too.  And it would be slightly less of a drive then flings of the past for friends to the south.  

@adams54 can be the voice to those who think flings are only for certain people or don't feel they know anyone well enough to attend.  

And that voice would say go and check it out.  Nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain. Personally it was interesting to observe how in general the SOL persona is opposite of what you would expect in real life.  @crazybellringer for instance was cooler and taller then what I imagined.  @nam1969 was funnier  and less serious then he comes off as in the reports thread. @Sudsy seemed dirtier then his name would suggest. The only exception is @fishless  ...from meeting him i can tell he catches just as many fish as his SOL name would suggest.

2 hours ago, adams54 said:

And that voice would say go and check it out.  Nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain. Personally it was interesting to observe how in general the SOL persona is opposite of what you would expect in real life.  @crazybellringer for instance was cooler and taller then what I imagined.  @nam1969 was funnier  and less serious then he comes off as in the reports thread. @Sudsy seemed dirtier then his name would suggest. The only exception is @fishless  ...from meeting him i can tell he catches just as many fish as his SOL name would suggest.

Not quite the ambassador I was expecting when I nominated you for the job.  

5 mins ago, MikeMc said:

He has you bamboozled!!

I'll give you taller, but that's it!

At least he was polite about it.  Adobo met him last year and said...you're taller and fatter than I expected.  

Edited by fishless

11 mins ago, fishless said:

At least he was polite about it.  Adobo met him last year and said...you're taller and fatter than I expected.  

@crazybellringer I never said you were fat, I just said, @fishless said you were thin.  That's all. 

"With all things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to be the right one..."

(*member formerly known as 'adoboboy')

I'm in? Will bring Rice @kurazy kracka you should come, I'll make sure I have extra in the back of my truck. 

Edited by adobo

"With all things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to be the right one..."

btw what the pluck is SFZ?  

Edited by adobo