March 2023 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

adobo

1 hour ago, nam1969 said:

Went to the Food Fling yesterday. Those guys put on one hell of an event. Nice meeting several people for the first time, after years of conversing on this site. Ran into @adams54 and his son and  @fishless who I hadn't seen in several years. The height challenged @blind squirl failed to make an appearance, probably using the excuse that he had to work! I mentioned to Adam that the Committee said his first fish this year doesn't count, but I've put in an appeal on his behalf. Bob (fishless has an actual name) was notified that his application to be on the Committee was rejected and any appeal will be denied. Food was delicious. Thanks to the organizers and the ladies and kids who helped set up. Nice bunch of folks.

PS Heading out front on St. Patrick's Day, for my annual first cast. Will be nice to get back in the game after successful heart procedure.

Good meeting you and chatting.  We are a different generation.  Once again, WELCOME HOME!

Edited by Spigola

1 hour ago, nam1969 said:

Went to the Food Fling yesterday. Those guys put on one hell of an event. Nice meeting several people for the first time, after years of conversing on this site. Ran into @adams54 and his son and  @fishless who I hadn't seen in several years. The height challenged @blind squirl failed to make an appearance, probably using the excuse that he had to work! I mentioned to Adam that the Committee said his first fish this year doesn't count, but I've put in an appeal on his behalf. Bob (fishless has an actual name) was notified that his application to be on the Committee was rejected and any appeal will be denied. Food was delicious. Thanks to the organizers and the ladies and kids who helped set up. Nice bunch of folks.

PS Heading out front on St. Patrick's Day, for my annual first cast. Will be nice to get back in the game after successful heart procedure.

Was an honor meeting you Bob. Still bummed out about that whole drama with the Committee. Need to pull myself together.

Just came back from the beach. Ocean still riled up, but not to the extent it was yesterday. With this storm moving in tomorrow, especially with the strong NE winds, I don't see it laying down till Thursday. I noticed the flag on the Allenhurst jetty is gone and the pole looks bent. Always love seeing that flag flying out there. Don't know who sets it up, but I'd love to personally thank them. I'll be doing a beach walk in a couple of weeks to look for new cuts and any structure changes.

13 hours ago, bdowning said:

This next storm is going to be a real rainmaker and wind dump, at least in mass. Assuming nj as well. Those jersey rivers and bays are going to swell with runoff. 

Wife and I went to see our nephews new house last Sat. then drove the 1/4 mile to see the Barnegat bay.  LOTS of water running down the streets, I cant imagine it dried out much since then.

23 hours ago, nam1969 said:

That was a pleasant surprise seeing you and getting a moment to sit, have a bite to eat, chat and catch up for a bit.  It's always hard when you try to spend a little time with a lot of friends you do not see enough of over the year.  

I was shocked to see @Goldy actually make the event.  

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

8 mins ago, fishless said:

That was a pleasant surprise seeing you and getting a moment to sit, have a bite to eat, chat and catch up for a bit.  It's always hard when you try to spend a little time with a lot of friends you do not see enough of over the year.  

I was shocked to see @Goldy actually make the event.  

Wiseass.   I was at an event for my son.