March 2023 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

adobo

Gonna get out there this afternoon with my little guy somewhere in the back up north. Should be a good shakedown, he’s been asking for 2 weeks now to get out there and use his new setup. Hopefully the weather clears up a bit and we find a fish or two.

Create instead of living off the buying and selling of others.......

5 hours ago, adobo said:

So who shut down the bite last night? Very very slow, fish had commitment issues. 4 hours outback and a very nice evening to be out. Lots of folks out and about. Wind was nice enough to not be much of a trouble as forcasted. Found the bunker but nothing on them. 

It was me. 100%

5 hours ago, adobo said:

So who shut down the bite last night? Very very slow, fish had commitment issues. 4 hours outback and a very nice evening to be out. Lots of folks out and about. Wind was nice enough to not be much of a trouble as forcasted. Found the bunker but nothing on them. 

The south wind curse.

2 hours ago, adams54 said:

The south wind curse.

More likely the dip in water temps yesterday.  The monitoring station that I rely upon for the areas I frequent showed the water temps staying below 50.  During the good bites we had during the week it was getting up to around 51.

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

5 hours ago, adams54 said:

The south wind curse.

2 hours ago, JimK said:

More likely the dip in water temps yesterday.  The monitoring station that I rely upon for the areas I frequent showed the water temps staying below 50.  During the good bites we had during the week it was getting up to around 51.

the south wind causes upwelling, So the south wind makes the water colder ....

got out in the end of the rain and the end of the outgoing at a spot- found a couple on a friends tied bunker fly and broke in my 8wgt I built over the winter- was happy- tide changed and water did get colder- tried another spot and the water was even colder there. No fish- went home and took a nap- a good day. 

Just sitting and waiting for this current storm front to pass. Fish were getting hammered pretty well right up til the lightning show. 

The lightning was still fairly far away but on my last cast I got static sparks down my finger every time the line hit it while my plug was flying out. I’ve never had that happen before, so needless to say we hightailed it back to the truck.

Create instead of living off the buying and selling of others.......

Probably one of the strangest weather days in recent memory. This morning, woke up, was surprised when i saw how mild it was. Hit the back early. No rains. Got away from the crowd and was rewarded with 5 fish, including a pretty solid one. Dropped a couple as well. They wanted a very very slow retrieve. Like 1st week of march slow. The skies opened up and this heavy rain came and went every 10 minutes. Finally had enough. Figured it would be a washout of a day, than by 3 it was beautiful...now, potential tornados might of touched down in certain parts of mon and ocean. Typical jersey bs spring.  

1 hour ago, UncleJohn said:

the south wind causes upwelling, So the south wind makes the water colder ....

That's in the ocean.. this water was cold due to the temp drop cooling off the shallow waters out back.. no upwelling there.

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

Got out after the storm 8:30-11, RB. My buddy next to me got 12 fish up to 17lb, probably saw 50 or so fish landed. Yet, for me, somehow, 0 fish. God I feel like an idiot. All this fancy gear and can only catch weeds. Cherry on top is that I got a summons for parking

fml

B'Nuggets with the Asian.

(*member formerly known as 'imdannoir')