March 2023 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

adobo

Fish caught tonight during the south wind, as it went west and also when it went nw at roughly 15mph. Once it went above that speed, as that little system pushed in a little harder everything disappeared where I was at...or so it seemed.

Plastic swimmers, med sized wood and large wood worked. Size of fish seemed to match offerings(smaller lure smaller fish and vice versa). Not exactly but about 24" - 38"

20230330_003030.mp4

7 hours ago, Jefffahfffah said:

I also briefly went out only to find my waders leaking in the crotch...

Out back MoCo at dusk with a buddy, end of outgoing, not ideal. Cold water, threw the bag but not a tap, not many other guys out, we didnt last long. 

Swung by my tried and true spot up north on the way home. the tide had caught up (or down) over my drive and it was also the bottom of outgoing upriver by then... very skinny water and not many current breaks to play off of. Numerous small fish were going off on who knows what bait, breaking the surface. They had no interest in me. Sucks when the backup plan turns into an hour of being taunted by rats, lol.

The guy who invents a leak proof crotch is going to make a killing. :b40:

Pfantum Pfishah

Fished out back last night in a couple different spots. The first spot had the wind kicking right in my face so made a move to get the wind at my back and then the wind also decided to change. Right back in my face smh. Saw a few guys out with no action happening. I threw the bag but no interest. I saw some pods of bunker moving by but nothing was on them. I’m going to try again tomorrow night. I need my first fish on a metal lip!!! 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

25lbs not 50

I was referring to length. This fish was lethargic, swollen and required a quick release. Length comparison was referenced in relation to the 34" width of a outback and a whole lot of fish hanging over the edge. 

I'm just starting to get over my skunk so I will not be commenting on this further..lol.

Speaking of leaky waders.. Got it was cold.. On the water last night early am or whatever.. I got chased off with a frozen left leg from some leak that i can't find yet.  Took me easily 30 minutes to warm up... F'in waders.... 

That fish is bigger than 25lbs, come on LOL

@adobo I do the same. Sometimes take one in the water or release video. Not always... The horror! Also feel the same about my reel in the sand or submerged below my sack.

Leaky waders - last night ended up being a good night to stay on dry land or shin deep. They would have been behind me if I waded out any amount. I use 5200 only in the crotch area and aquaseal on all other areas of waders. I think aquaseal works better for them overall but the toughness of the 5200 really helps in that area. Add a thin layer of a-seal on top of the 5200 if ya want. Go atleast 1/4" passed the 5200 for flexibility where it meets the waders, but not necessary. 

Edited by Basswiper