Brookhaven Night Fishing Permit for 2023

Rate this topic

LI_Angler

Anyone know when these permits are supposed to be available for on line purchase?  I don't need it yet, but looking back, I was able to purchase online by this time of year the past two years.

"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."   -- A.K. Best --

On 2/22/2023 at 4:23 PM, klisagar said:

Anyone know when these permits are supposed to be available for on line purchase?  I don't need it yet, but looking back, I was able to purchase online by this time of year the past two years.

What does this get you access too? Town residents only permit?

I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor. 

Brookhaven Town has about 15 - 16 fishing/fishing pier locations.  To park at these locations between 5:00pm and 6:00am you are supposed to have a night fishing dashboard permit.  I see lots of cars without them, but the more serious looking fisherman I see at these locations seem to have them.  On two occurrences I have seen Brookhaven Town enforcement personnel issuing some kind of wriiten warning or ticket to cars without permits. I get my permit annually to stay in compliance.

Non-residents can get permits at $100 annually but over half the locations are listed as being for residents only.

The Brookhaven Town web site has all the details.

"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."   -- A.K. Best --

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but I just went online to buy Brookhaven Night Fishing permit and when I saw they raised the price to $77 (I think I paid $35 last year) I decided I’d live without it.  My guess is they will sell alot fewer permits at this price.  

Just venting I guess.  

Bob