2023 Edition: Fish taken on factory or custom wood.

Rate this topic

Heavy Hooksetter

1 hour ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

the eel color was not by accident.

as for bunker?,,, I'm not so sure, eel was on mind with that color combo.

HH

I never thought of stripers as having the eye for art that we have. To us, it’s clear that it’s an eel pattern, but a bass will likely see a big meal that’s dark on the top and light on the bottom with some yellow reflection, which matches a bunker or other dark backed baitfish pretty well. 

it’s like an orange over white plug, stripers don’t eat many fish that are half bright orange and half white, but they see something that’s dark on top and light on the bottom, just like a bunker or a herring or even a juvenile striper

4 hours ago, EliasA said:

I never thought of stripers as having the eye for art that we have. To us, it’s clear that it’s an eel pattern, but a bass will likely see a big meal that’s dark on the top and light on the bottom with some yellow reflection, which matches a bunker or other dark backed baitfish pretty well. 

it’s like an orange over white plug, stripers don’t eat many fish that are half bright orange and half white, but they see something that’s dark on top and light on the bottom, just like a bunker or a herring or even a juvenile striper

Yes, I get you now.

That's correct.

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

2 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Hook protectors still on tail hook?

Yes! Not on the belly though... 

That way, it keeps the lure balanced and your not hooking her in the face twice.

Some times I'll put protectors on all the hooks, or fish them with no hooks at all for a hoot....:laugh:

9 hours ago, Lou T said:

Nice Rod. The Bass think so too.

ty Lou but, they should be bigger now.

the larger simply ain't there.

water is still holding at 63f right now but, no adult bunkers either at least that I have seen.

IF late, they are very late.

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,