Any Mauser guys here?

Rate this topic

jkrock

On 5/9/2023 at 1:06 PM, Bushleague said:

Glad you could make it up here, I live on the shores of a huge waterbody called Lesser Slave Lake, about 3.5 hours North of Edmonton. Its got more fishable shoreline than you could ever fully unlock, but almost all of what you can reach from shore is real skinny water with a rock bottom that will steal any hook that touches it. I have a boat and a couple canoes but eventually I realised that most years I catch my biggest fish from shore so for about six years I've been concentrating on that with good results. They have a big walleye tournament up here, and many years my weights from shore in that weekend are better than what the tournament guys are bringing in.

So thanks for that pointer, I'll check that out for sure. Since shore fishing is not a highly developed thing here, I'm always looking to other areas for new ideas I can borrow. 

interesting... one of my service guys from New brunswick just moved to Grande Prairie.  He loves it there... sends me all his new hunting photos..  I need to visit out there someday before I get too ancient 

RIP Innis - April 9th 2012 - you always be in my heart. :)

On 5/9/2023 at 4:02 PM, jkrock said:

We had smoke from your fires in Alberta impacting our sunset last night

51BAFF8D-A612-4C3C-927D-BC4E6BBAD72D.jpeg

Yeah, its pretty dry out here. In my area we've got quite a few fires out of control, the wind reversed today, so hopefully that will push a few of them back on themselves.

About 12 years ago one came into town and burned about a 3rd of it down. At the time I think it was only the second time that had happened in North America, though its happened a few time since. If you google "Slave Lake Wildfire" there's probably still some pretty dramatic footage kicking around. Was a pretty crazy thing to go through, and witnessing the rebuild process will leave a guy pretty jaded.

If the good lord didnt want me to ride a four wheeler with no shirt on, then how come my nipples grow back after every wipeout?