February 2023 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

Spigola

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

Spent the day organizing old plugs and testing new plugs.  Darters and needles looked good.  Felt good to get the VS cranking as well.  I was surprised to see a knock off glider function like a $50 glider.  Just goes to show you don’t need the specialties.  With warming trends next week i might take another walk.  Weird thing today was zero life in the water.  Just a few micro organisms, but not even a guppy out there.  

RC

9 hours ago, SIC34 said:

I still think we should crush the NJ reports thread for a year.  See if you guys can figure out a fn thing on your own.....

IMO this site rarely helps with intel beyond a pic  thats one fn thing I figured out on my own....I dont have facebook or insta but im sure they are doing most of the damage. And you cant blame crowds during blitzes on this site....and we all started somewhere. Sometimes I wonder what the point of this site is to some. Cant post pics of rats dinks or schoolies...cant ask any questions. Place is becoming Karensonline.

" At night, in Jersey waters right off the beach, Summer time.... there be monsters!"

18 hours ago, RiverCommando215 said:

Spent the day organizing old plugs and testing new plugs.  Darters and needles looked good.  Felt good to get the VS cranking as well.  I was surprised to see a knock off glider function like a $50 glider.  Just goes to show you don’t need the specialties.  With warming trends next week i might take another walk.  Weird thing today was zero life in the water.  Just a few micro organisms, but not even a guppy out there.  

RC

So, you have me wondering?? What knock off glider was it that impressed you?

2 mins ago, Foureel said:

So, you have me wondering?? What knock off glider was it that impressed you?

It was a knock off Alan’s predator.  I found at a show, yet I couldn’t tell ya who really made it.  Sometimes you find guys at shows who bought them off eBay and painted them at home.  
They are plastic with a hard rattle.  
RC

I use to go to IBSP to the bay side along the flats there and wade out.  1 it let me know if my waders had any leaks, 2 I would check out the weed areas to see if there was some baitfish moving around.  Also check around the long  grass on the bottom for small eels. They should be moving around now if the bay is not iced over. Usually you see them first then the smaller baitfish.  Also this time of year the water is crystal clear and a good time to look for some cuts and holes for fishing later in March and April.  Just be careful walking those flats

You know these guys....

durante.1.jpg

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

On 2/11/2023 at 8:10 AM, SurfMonster said:

IMO this site rarely helps with intel beyond a pic  thats one fn thing I figured out on my own....I dont have facebook or insta but im sure they are doing most of the damage. And you cant blame crowds during blitzes on this site....and we all started somewhere. Sometimes I wonder what the point of this site is to some. Cant post pics of rats dinks or schoolies...cant ask any questions. Place is becoming Karensonline.

Watch this thread long enough you get hints of where most of the guys that regularly report regularly fish.  There's plenty of intel between the lines.