pointbobo

What Cabela's rod is this in the photo?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hi all

There's a person locally selling these rods online but they know nothing about them (estate sale). Anyways I'm not sure what the line weight would be on them. I know they are 12 foot and cabela's brand (she thinks)....It's a good price of under $50 so I'm willing to drive but love to know what they are.

Anyone know? thanks

2023-01-27-165401.jpg

Posted (edited)

Can't be sure from the pic, but you might wanna go online and search for Cabelas crappie rods.  Since Cabelas is now owned by Bass Pro, maybe Bass Pro Crappie rod.

Edited by bass11

Why don’t you educate her on taking a picture of the area of the rod where everything about the rod is clearly printed explaining everything about the rod in perfectly clear English? How the heck is a picture of a reel seat going to identify a rod? 

A 12' medium action rod would be useless in the surf -. unless you enjoy plugging with a telephone pole. I wonder if Bass Pro still sells the 12' Ocean Masfer, I have one and it's rated either 6 or 8 ounces up to a cinder block. I have a modded Penn 113H paired to the OM.

Posted (edited)

On 1/27/2023 at 7:56 PM, pointbobo said:

Hi all

There's a person locally selling these rods online but they know nothing about them (estate sale). Anyways I'm not sure what the line weight would be on them. I know they are 12 foot and cabela's brand (she thinks)....It's a good price of under $50 so I'm willing to drive but love to know what they are.

Anyone know? thanks

2023-01-27-165401.jpg

They could be trolling rods like with downriggers or planer boards. 

The picture looks like they could be upside down since a 12 would have a longer butt grip.

I have 3faiwa firewolf planer board rods I modded with casting reel seats, they lobb rubber and bts pretty good.

Made of glass. 

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter