MRI Results!

Rate this topic

ErikT

3 hours ago, FishermanTim said:

Had it done years back for knee issue (torn meniscus) and had to get my eye checked out because of an incident when biking home from work on a rainy day and having a metal filament fly in my eye. Had to make sure it was gone before the MRI.

As for the procedure, I could've taken a nap if it weren't for the banging it produces...(yet my younger brother is claustrophobic) 

This quite relevant to me. I have a fake eye and I’ve never made 100% sure there wasn’t metal in there. I actually had orbital X-rays yesterday afternoon and the MRI later in the evening. I never received the X-ray results but the MRI person did look at them. “I didn’t see any metal” lol 

I just went for it. Couldn’t get my wedding ring off but it’s gold so I just felt it tingling a little bit. 

had some cool nurses who had never seen a fake eye before. So it’s always fun freaking people out a little bit. I pulled it out, showed them and threw it in my jacket pocket. Lol 

anyway, no metal in the ocular implant!

peace 

2 mins ago, Dieseldog13 said:

Just curious but did you have a Red Ryder BB gun as a kid?

Beat me to it !

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

An addadicktome, and you will be good to go.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

Looks like a white perch egg infestation. May be terminal.

DIBS!!!!!

:butthurt:

"LIFE'S TOUGH......IT'S EVEN TOUGHER WHEN YOU'RE STUPID." John Wayne

"Just as the laymen leave medicine to doctors and electronics to engineers, so people who are not qualified to think should leave all thinking to the experts and have faith in the experts' higher authority. Only experts are able to understand the discoveries of modern science, which have proved that thought is an illusion and that the mind is a myth."

Atlas Shrugged

12 hours ago, Dieseldog13 said:

Just curious but did you have a Red Ryder BB gun as a kid?

Lol pump action BB rifle. My friends older brothers were partying all weekend. We were 9 playing Rambo. I got shot by the older guys like 10 x prior to losing my eye. 

i had a moment where I was in my friends driveway and I was about to go home. A clear moment of choice for me… I chose to stay.. ran back into the yard and took cover behind a tree.. I tried peeking around the right side to see where they were… as soon as I had a view BAM!   BB directly in the eye ball…. My Dad took me to see Christmas story at some point after that, not knowing about the BB scene. But I was a cool kid and I didn’t really think anything of it. I laughed…. 

anyway, miss my Dad. I always remember how good he was in that moment. My Mom was out shopping so he was on his own with me to handle it. 

rough on him I’m sure. 

peace 

My niece knows her stuff. She gave me a quick analysis of the MRI. I will off. Course see the Neuro next and then follow recommendations and seek 2nd, 3rd opinions… but here’s what she said…

—————————————

Okay, so a lot of this is mainly “gray hairs of the spine” (just normal spine changes with aging) but the issues at L4/L5 are almost definitely what’s causing your pain. 

Basically, your disc letting out fluid AND the ligaments in the area are thicker than they should be, leading to the spinal canal (where your spinal cord goes through) to be much narrower than it’s supposed to be. Looks like it’s so narrow, it’s actually pushing on your spinal cord a bit….

While they may recommend PT or injections first, there’s also a real chance they’re going to recommend surgery to free up space in there so your spinal cord is no longer squeezed. Guess we’ll see what your doctor says. 
———————

peace 

16 hours ago, ErikT said:

So it’s always fun freaking people out a little bit. I pulled it out, showed them and threw it in my jacket pocket. Lol 

anyway, no metal in the ocular implant!

peace 

Hey, can you cough and make it pop out? That would be fun to mess with people at a dinner party.

3 hours ago, ErikT said:

No. But I have put it in coworkers drinks and watched it flutter through the ice down to the bottom 

My uncle had a glass eye . . . would do the same thing during family parties.  

"Starving dogs begging for scraps. The big picture is not important as long as we can get our scraps."