Winter Wonderland

Rate this topic

Skunkoff

1 hour ago, Skunkoff said:

O the beauty and frustration melded together today.  No fish, maybe a nip or 2, but can't be sure.  Beautiful out there.  The frustrations came as I saw 5 or 6 rises, but they wouldn't take anything.  Ducks were active.  Nice to get out though...

20230124_123436.jpg

20230124_113047.jpg

20230124_105354.jpg

20230124_103117.jpg

20230124_113216.jpg

Awesome pics! Certainly a beautiful day to get out, alas I found myself holding a chainsaw instead of a fly rod today. Lots more trees to cut up tomorrow but maybe I'll see you out there later in the week.

54 mins ago, Skunkoff said:

Hey man, your pictures didn't come through, unless it's my device.

Try it now, damn website doesn't do well with copy and paste pictures...

Shall I go to heaven or a-fishing? - H. D. Thoreau

Veni.  Vidi.  Cepi. - with apologies to Gaius Julius Caesar

11 hours ago, stormy monday said:

Awesome pics! Certainly a beautiful day to get out, alas I found myself holding a chainsaw instead of a fly rod today. Lots more trees to cut up tomorrow but maybe I'll see you out there later in the week.

Next day I can get out might be Friday,  but not sure yet.  Work the next 2 days.  Big toe has been throbbing from kicking snow that my machine wouldn't go through, lol.

4 hours ago, Skunkoff said:

Nice!  Is that above or below the dam?

Above, in Berwick. Scoping out some potential for summer. I caught my first freshwater fish in that river when I was around 6 when my uncle lived there. Then to celebrate he put me on woodchuck patrol in his garden with a .22. I had a good childhood lol.

17 hours ago, Skunkoff said:

O the beauty and frustration melded together today.  No fish, maybe a nip or 2, but can't be sure.  Beautiful out there.  The frustrations came as I saw 5 or 6 rises, but they wouldn't take anything.  Ducks were active.  Nice to get out though...

20230124_123436.jpg

20230124_113047.jpg

20230124_105354.jpg

20230124_103117.jpg

20230124_113216.jpg

1 hour ago, stormy monday said:

Above, in Berwick. Scoping out some potential for summer. I caught my first freshwater fish in that river when I was around 6 when my uncle lived there. Then to celebrate he put me on woodchuck patrol in his garden with a .22. I had a good childhood lol.

Yeah, I need to explore above the dam.  I've fished Horn Pond but nothing in the river above the dam.

51 mins ago, RAW said:

Next couple days will be in 40’s with sun and that will trigger the bite! Slow approach

Did you lose power during the last go around with Mother Nature?

Shall I go to heaven or a-fishing? - H. D. Thoreau

Veni.  Vidi.  Cepi. - with apologies to Gaius Julius Caesar