Stuff That’s Good.

Rate this topic

Nessmuk

I’m probably breakin’ a rule or something but didn’t just want a new thread for stoopid.  It’s goofy but I’m bored.

I’m doing some work around the house and it occurred to me that only a few things I’ve bought over the years have made me think “Man, this thing is awesome.  We’ll worth the money.”

So here’s a celebration of the simple things in life…quality stuff.

- Little Giant ladders.  Made in the US.  Heavy but versatile.  You’ll pass it down to your kids.

- Lodge cast iron cookware.  Essential.  Made in the US and will last for 1000 years.

- The Remington 870.  Jack of all trades tank that’ll last for damn near ever.

- Antique shaker cabinets.  How the F can this 200 year old joinery still be rock solid?

What’s some of your good stuff?

28 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

I’m probably breakin’ a rule or something but didn’t just want a new thread for stoopid.  It’s goofy but I’m bored.

I’m doing some work around the house and it occurred to me that only a few things I’ve bought over the years have made me think “Man, this thing is awesome.  We’ll worth the money.”

So here’s a celebration of the simple things in life…quality stuff.

- Little Giant ladders.  Made in the US.  Heavy but versatile.  You’ll pass it down to your kids.

- Lodge cast iron cookware.  Essential.  Made in the US and will last for 1000 years.

- The Remington 870.  Jack of all trades tank that’ll last for damn near ever.

- Antique shaker cabinets.  How the F can this 200 year old joinery still be rock solid?

What’s some of your good stuff?

Lodge is decent. If you can afford it, try to find older cast iron like Wagner or Griswold. I have a few Griswold's I use daily that I prefer over Lodge. That said, you might have to do some cleaning and reseasoning on the old stuff. Even the old Lodge is better than the new stuff, though the new stuff isn't bad.

Blink Security Cameras 

I can’t imagine not having them now.. well worth the money (not that they were expensive really) 

Apple Car Play after market radio in the Subaru is another example 

I’m not really even even into tech but those 2 things are examples of things that would be replaced right away if needed 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

6 mins ago, The river said:

Old bay seasoning…..

Funny you should mention that, cleaning out cupboards yesterday I found an unopened packet.  Have no idea how old it is.  

The biggest fish in the river gets that way by never being caught.

Edward Bloom