Outer Banks in April

Rate this topic

stripedbassking

I may be finding myself down in the Outer Banks in April, Most likely be in the Kitty Hawk area. Just curious what species are active during that time of year. Did some research online, but curious what anglers see now a days on that coastline for species that time of year. Thanks in advance!

GOD made my Mold different from the rest, Then he broke that mold so I know I'm Blessed.

This probably won't be much help but I've had mixed results in April. When I was a kid April was shark month on a lot of the piers but that was a long time ago.  Results in recent years have varied from getting skunked to a fair bite on the soundside. I think it totally depends on the weather trends and water temps when you are there.  I know thats a given anyway and like I said not much help. I normally fish the more southern beaches but cephalopholis who knows the northern beaches much better than I can probably  give you better advice. 

@Cephalopholis

"A land without memories is a people without liberty" - Robert E. Lee

9 hours ago, hhager23 said:

This probably won't be much help but I've had mixed results in April. When I was a kid April was shark month on a lot of the piers but that was a long time ago.  Results in recent years have varied from getting skunked to a fair bite on the soundside. I think it totally depends on the weather trends and water temps when you are there.  I know thats a given anyway and like I said not much help. I normally fish the more southern beaches but cephalopholis who knows the northern beaches much better than I can probably  give you better advice. 

@Cephalopholis

Ok cool, thanks! When you fished the more southern parts what species are present? Would really like a shot a redfish maybe

GOD made my Mold different from the rest, Then he broke that mold so I know I'm Blessed.

Forget the northern beaches this April (unless you want a lot of skunk)...head south!

The water has been unusually cold around here (kitty hawk, southern shores) this winter.

Right now it's only 45 degrees (but still 60 in Hatteras area)!

All the northern beaches just got nourished, so there will be no life in the sand- which is still readjusting.

If you do fish here, red fish most likely will not be on the menu...more like tiny spot and mullet.

The drive south isn't that bad and well worth it!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance.....Baffle 'em with bull sheet

• 2 weeks later...