lostinthewash

I'll stick to the beach

Rate this topic

73 posts in this topic

One day November 10 years ago fishing c town jetty had a 12 lb blue on. I watch my friend start running of the the rocks saying nothing to me I turned toward the Ocean and a 12 ft wave drove me into rocks I handed my rod to another fisherman he said why you handing your rod to me I said I can't move my hand well the collision with the rock moved my pinky top knuckle back about an inch . That was the last time to fish those rocks. Now I work the beach down from there and do just as good just got to walk and cast a little.

If you learn the ropes from others, set up a buddy system and have the right equipment you can get home every night. But age catches up and for most there is a time to cut back on your risks. That’s where I’m at but have done both rock hopping and yakking at night where the fish are. To each their own.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, phishallways said:

Jeeze , we’ll never get to Mars if this guy’s the captain. 

Okay Buzz Aldrin. You won’t mind us strapping you to a million pound rocket full of explosives. 

By the way, a few years back - a navy seal / special forces guy died kayak fishing the CBBT in MD. (Late December maybe?) You don’t get more intelligent, brave, prepared & capable humans than those guys. 

Edited by EricDice
Definitely December

42 mins ago, EricDice said:

Okay Buzz Aldrin. You won’t mind us strapping you to a million pound rocket full of explosives. 

Lol, ok sparky!

10 hours ago, onthefly said:

One day November 10 years ago fishing c town jetty had a 12 lb blue on. I watch my friend start running of the the rocks saying nothing to me I turned toward the Ocean and a 12 ft wave drove me into rocks I handed my rod to another fisherman he said why you handing your rod to me I said I can't move my hand well the collision with the rock moved my pinky top knuckle back about an inch . That was the last time to fish those rocks. Now I work the beach down from there and do just as good just got to walk and cast a little.

There's a thread somewhere on SOL where the guy took a spill on a jetty and he busted up the second knuckle of his middle finger and the bone was sticking out. He posted a picture. Talked to more then a few people that busted up their knees and won't step on them anymore. Seen a guy or 2 leave a blood trail back to their car due to gashing their face on a rock. A guy died a few yrs back at MI. The op is not wrong.

If I fished from the rocks and I didn’t like crowded jetties I wouldn’t be stupid and encourage more people to fish from the rocks

Confucius say “man who cut fart in church sit in own pew”

5 mins ago, Potato Caboose said:

If I fished from the rocks and I didn’t like crowded jetties I wouldn’t be stupid and encourage more people to fish from the rocks

Confucius say “man who cut fart in church sit in own pew”

He who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with crowded jetty. 

2 mins ago, EricDice said:

(Only because I’ve seen several guy napping on the rocks in the past few years)

“He who go to sleep on jetty rock wake up with rivercommando.”

18 hours ago, lostinthewash said:

Insults noted you do you and I'll do me

Insults??? Dude, he’s giving his opinion. If you didn’t want peoples opinion of your 5th post, why did you even bother posting?

18 mins ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

Insults??? Dude, he’s giving his opinion. If you didn’t want peoples opinion of your 5th post, why did you even bother posting?

Opinions are fine they're like arseholes everyone has one but insults are unnecessary 

3 hours ago, adams54 said:

There's a thread somewhere on SOL where the guy took a spill on a jetty and he busted up the second knuckle of his middle finger and the bone was sticking out. He posted a picture. Talked to more then a few people that busted up their knees and won't step on them anymore. Seen a guy or 2 leave a blood trail back to their car due to gashing their face on a rock. A guy died a few yrs back at MI. The op is not wrong.

That fella had no business being out there.  A tourist who pushed his chips into the middle of the table on a game he had no clue how to play.  At least the OP of this thread knows his limits.  

2 mins ago, fishless said:

That fella had no business being out there.  A tourist who pushed his chips into the middle of the table on a game he had no clue how to play.  At least the OP of this thread knows his limits.  

Yup. He definitely went all in. 

5 hours ago, EricDice said:

Ahh that makes much more sense then the proverb I remember 

10 hours ago, EricDice said:

(Only because I’ve seen several guy napping on the rocks in the past few years)

“He who go to sleep on jetty rock wake up with rivercommando.”

You tease.  I only have eyes for you.  Let’s schedule your proctology exam for this spring.  Mendhaden oil for lube provided.

RC