riverside_eng

What to wear fishing North Shore in the Spring?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I would go with Breathable  nylon waders stockingfoot with the best warranty available. You want to be able to return it to a local store and get the next pair. The Nylons will cover you all year long.,you layer up underneath when needed. Buy a good quality zipper rainwear or better dry top or semi dry top with laxtex at the wrists and neck or neoprene at neck and wrists.  

Im sorry, that was not nice.

But now that I think about it,I can remember  jumping out the beach camper door in my undies to grab a pole with---FISH -ON!!!

1 hour ago, oldgoat said:

But now that I think about it,I can remember  jumping out the beach camper door in my undies to grab a pole with---FISH -ON!!!

The right underwear can make a big difference too!    (especially if it's all you are wearing)

1 hour ago, oldgoat said:

Instructions unclear, going to jump in bare and try to catch one with my hands.

10 mins ago, pogie_boy said:

The right underwear can make a big difference too!    (especially if it's all you are wearing)

If I walk up in a sweatsuit and strip down to a wetsuit it would have been at least at one point be underwear right?

Posted (edited)

I fish primarily on the South Shore. I've spent some time on the North Shore the last couple of years, and it is very different. In the spring, it's going to be cold(ish), so wear whatever will keep you dry. Scope out wherever you're going to be fishing for a while before fishing. I will say I've only really fished in Gloucester and Rockport on the North Shore, and they are (obviously) very rocky. If you take a swim in some of the spots I fished with waders on, it's not going to be good. If you have a good platform to stand on, and it's safe (waves, tide, footing, etc) then waders are fine. I fished in shorts with booties and my wading boots multiple times because it was much safer. Just think about safety first. Good luck!

Edited by HanoverStriper

personally I stay as warm as I can [while standing in the freaking ocean] or the trip turns to a nightmare. Unless the action great:)