Dave588

Environment

Rate this topic

312 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

41 mins ago, Dave588 said:

That's a marked difference from the heavily salted areas

Perhaps, that could explain why the bus went off the road. Note the salt truck on scene to help make the road passable.

Edited by Jeff270

I saw a crazy crash this morning on 95. A BMW wagon went off the road and hit a rock face/cliff then flew back into the highway dukes of hazard style landing in the right lane. Somehow no one else hit it. The car looked like it got hit by a bomb. 

9 hours ago, z-man said:

I saw a crazy crash this morning on 95. A BMW wagon went off the road and hit a rock face/cliff then flew back into the highway dukes of hazard style landing in the right lane. Somehow no one else hit it. The car looked like it got hit by a bomb. 

That sucks, probably slid on all the salt dropped on the road.  Hopefully they are OK,

10 hours ago, Jeff270 said:

Perhaps, that could explain why the bus went off the road. Note the salt truck on scene to help make the road passable.

Look at the picture. On bus side, there are no snowbanks. The truck hasnt used the plow until the bus went off the road. With the plow down, there is still material on roadway. 

If the road had been plowed?

5 mins ago, Dave588 said:

Look at the picture. On bus side, there are no snowbanks. The truck hasnt used the plow until the bus went off the road. With the plow down, there is still material on roadway. 

If the road had been plowed?

The bus is off the road.  Notice the bridge, and the road leading up to it has been plowed.    And God forbid, it appears there may be salt in the truck!  I wonder why?

2 hours ago, Jeff270 said:

The bus is off the road.  Notice the bridge, and the road leading up to it has been plowed.    And God forbid, it appears there may be salt in the truck!  I wonder why?

Road may have been salted. Bus Driver can see pavement.

But look at how much material the plow is moving after the bus is off the road.

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Plug and teaser said:

school bus.jpg

Ummm.  The road has been plowed.   The bus is off the road.   But you keep grasping at straws if if makes you feel better

Edited by Jeff270

7 mins ago, Jeff270 said:

Ummm.  The road has been plowed.   The bus is off the road.   But you keep grasping at straws if if makes you feel better

The road on bus side wasnt plowed.

The plowing is after the bus is off the road.

1 min ago, Dave588 said:

The road on bus side wasnt plowed.

The plowing is after the bus is off the road.

Last time, and then I will let you have the last word. 

The plow is facing up the hill and the road in front of it has already been plowed.  If your statement were true, the road in front of the plow would have snow on it.   The bus is OFF THE ROAD, which is why it is in the snow.    

This topic is so strange. Out of all the things humans have dumped into the environment we’re complaining about salt and sewage, the least harmful and also natural. What about PCBs, PFAS, pesticides, mercury and other heavily metals. What about everything leaking out of junk yards and landfills. These these actually case real harm and death yet we’re talking about salt and poop. 

33 mins ago, z-man said:

This topic is so strange. Out of all the things humans have dumped into the environment we’re complaining about salt and sewage, the least harmful and also natural. What about PCBs, PFAS, pesticides, mercury and other heavily metals. What about everything leaking out of junk yards and landfills. These these actually case real harm and death yet we’re talking about salt and poop. 

This is true but at the moment, the sewage systems are taking up runoff which is overloading them. The fecal matter gets you sick right now, other stuff shortens your life, so fecal is most conspicuous topic.

1 hour ago, Jeff270 said:

Last time, and then I will let you have the last word. 

The plow is facing up the hill and the road in front of it has already been plowed.  If your statement were true, the road in front of the plow would have snow on it.   The bus is OFF THE ROAD, which is why it is in the snow.    

Look at the picture. There are no snowbanks on bus side. The plow is leaving snowbanks.

The road edges on bus side are scalloped, not cut straight. The bus side looks salted, given the rotary cast of the salter.

24 mins ago, Dave588 said:

This is true but at the moment, the sewage systems are taking up runoff which is overloading them. The fecal matter gets you sick right now, other stuff shortens your life, so fecal is most conspicuous topic.

Who is getting sick from any sewage spills?

I'd like to see these dedicated environmentalists talk about the real problem in this state - out of control population growth in the suburbs.

100,000 cars PER DAY on the Boston stretch of the Mass Pike. 75 K in the Worcester stretch.

How you gonna handle traffic like that when 75% of which drive like balloon knots and 25% of those come from tropical countries?

Whining on a fishing forum and claiming to be for the environment makes for entertaining threads for sure.

What I'd like to hear is who has been to planning board meetings in their town and stood up to say "stop the madness!".

I have been doing that in my town and let me tell you, there is nothing more frustrating or unproductive. I wrote letters, I sent emails, I met in person and I attended the meetings. I tried town conservation commission, MA F&W, Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program. I had my scientist friends write letters and have conversations behind the scenes with state reps.

I  brought photo documentation that the plot in question was a nesting ground for a state threatened species. 

And they blew it up anyway. All gone. At the moment a giant hole in the ground. 

And they didn't even have tenants for the building. They let a developer doom the threatened turtles on speculation alone.

Meanwhile, 40% of existing industrial buildings in town are unoccupied. 

Who the hell cares about the dead grass along the Mass Pike when the state allows developers to wipe out threatened species, drain the aquifer and quadruple the number of cars on the road?

It makes no sense.

Sit by and say nothing while they turn quiet backroads into a brutal gridlock traffic jams, but cry about all the salt needed to keep those roads safe.

ZESIJHPP4NFFLASFPDHFBFUGMY.webp

27 mins ago, mikez2 said:

I'd like to see these dedicated environmentalists talk about the real problem in this state - out of control population growth in the suburbs.

100,000 cars PER DAY on the Boston stretch of the Mass Pike. 75 K in the Worcester stretch.

How you gonna handle traffic like that when 75% of which drive like balloon knots and 25% of those come from tropical countries?

Whining on a fishing forum and claiming to be for the environment makes for entertaining threads for sure.

What I'd like to hear is who has been to planning board meetings in their town and stood up to say "stop the madness!".

I have been doing that in my town and let me tell you, there is nothing more frustrating or unproductive. I wrote letters, I sent emails, I met in person and I attended the meetings. I tried town conservation commission, MA F&W, Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program. I had my scientist friends write letters and have conversations behind the scenes with state reps.

I  brought photo documentation that the plot in question was a nesting ground for a state threatened species. 

And they blew it up anyway. All gone. At the moment a giant hole in the ground. 

And they didn't even have tenants for the building. They let a developer doom the threatened turtles on speculation alone.

Meanwhile, 40% of existing industrial buildings in town are unoccupied. 

Who the hell cares about the dead grass along the Mass Pike when the state allows developers to wipe out threatened species, drain the aquifer and quadruple the number of cars on the road?

It makes no sense.

Sit by and say nothing while they turn quiet backroads into a brutal gridlock traffic jams, but cry about all the salt needed to keep those roads safe.

ZESIJHPP4NFFLASFPDHFBFUGMY.webp

The salt and balloon knots are related on some level. Someone is adjusting for guy going 80 mph.