mikeadams

VS X2 Upgrade Kit/Parts Coming - True or ?

Rate this topic

130 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, surfrat59 said:

Kinda felt the same way when they dropped the Lefty's from the VSX lineup, at the time had 4 250 LH, sold 3 of them last 2 seasons for the same reason. The last one resides on my 132 GSB and only gets used anymore when I'm climbing on rocks in Montauk. Looked at ZB thinking a 25 and 27 would replace them...great reel but too pricey for stripers/blues, put the 705Z's back in the rotation. Picked up a 151 and 201 VR, brand new used once...box, bag, papers, bailless kits, for dirt cheap...and I mean dirt cheap. Fished both all season, same way I fished the VS...regularly submerged or dropped in the sand, no issues whatsoever. No rockhopping though, personally don't believe anybody's skirted spool reel qualifies as sturdy enough. The drag is much smoother than a Gen1 VS, and the longer reel foot is a bonus for my big mitts. Zero water intrusion or problems so recently picked up another pair for short money. If I hear no more support for Gen1 reels sdadly I'll part with the last one too before it becomes a shelf relic. Would I consider a couple VSX2's, no....for sand beach and jetty fishing the additional cost over a VR doesn't fly with me.

I own a ZB-25L.  Bought it when they were only $900 and they didn't up charge for a lefty model.  I fish it in the rocks all the time and never had any issues with the spool holding up to the abuse.  So don't shy away from a ZB if you come across one.  

Spending the money on an expensive reel and then telling me it should be upgraded … I’m not a fan …. Unless your going to get some sort of precious metal housing … lol lol lol … 

This is nothing new the gen 1 vr was a turd there was no repair for it they just made the gen 2 that fixed most of the issues and leaving gen1 owners holding the bag ! They will most likely redo the the roller arm and not have to replace the rotor . 

On 1/15/2023 at 3:46 PM, Goldy said:

Rumor was a release of a fix. Show was packed but i didnt ask him

Why not?

SRB had a post earlier from Bill saying that contrary to previous communication: Craig will not be making an announcement on SRB but will do a statement in general this week. 

1 hour ago, chisler said:

SRB had a post earlier from Bill saying that contrary to previous communication: Craig will not be making an announcement on SRB but will do a statement in general this week. 

LOL figures. If I had to take a guess, theres prolly not gonna be a statement this week either.

12 hours ago, chisler said:

Thanks very much for the update! :howdy:

2 mins ago, Inshore said:

Van Staal right along with Pure Fishing are a complete f@#$ing joke!!!

My experience with Pure Fishing is largely limited to PENN, and those guys are excellent. If Pure Fishing/Van Staal take a page from their book everything will work out. 

Communicating openly and honestly would go a long way:

”we identified a problem and we are working on a fix”

Posted (edited)

23 mins ago, ged said:

”we identified a problem and we are working on a fix”

This right here would re direct the online chatter from speculation to a conversation about the recognized issue. Want to win the PR battle and keep peoples trust in the product/company, be up front and public about it. Van staal and their people have done anything but. The issue itself doesn't bother me nearly as much ( yes I own one) as the lack of communication. 

Edited by Googs

56 mins ago, Googs said:

This right here would re direct the online chatter from speculation to a conversation about the recognized issue. Want to win the PR battle and keep peoples trust in the product/company, be up front and public about it. Van staal and their people have done anything but. The issue itself doesn't bother me nearly as much ( yes I own one) as the lack of communication. 

Everything in life is communication. People are usually more than willing to be reasonable and understanding about bad news if you’re just transparent. No clue what VS thinks they’re gaining by providing an information vacuum that customers are filling with speculation, worry, rumors, and complaints. 

It’s amazing there was a huge show this past weekend, with VS present, and not a peep on this site from anyone attending or from VS about anything regarding this (maybe?) issue.