mikeadams

VS X2 Upgrade Kit/Parts Coming - True or ?

Rate this topic

130 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, jk20a3 said:

Some guy on one of the VS FB groups posted this am that he talked to Craig and claimed that there will be an announcement at the striper day show this weekend. Obviously take that with a grain of salt but VS will be there and I can 100% see people constantly bringing up the rub issue all day if they don’t say something. 

Yeah, it will be super-interesting to find out what Van Staal says at Striper Day tomorrow. I can’t make it to the show but hopefully someone who goes will post any new updates.

3 hours ago, Bow3022 said:

Anybody go to striper day?  Any word from Craig?

Rumor was a release of a fix. Show was packed but i didnt ask him

Who wants to bet the "fix" will be an offset roller arm and a different counterweight, resulting in no line rub issues but a "slight and acceptable" wobble....redesign and retool a new rotor, then retrofit all existing product, not likely.

2 mins ago, surfrat59 said:

Who wants to bet the "fix" will be an offset roller arm and a different counterweight, resulting in no line rub issues but a "slight and acceptable" wobble....redesign and retool a new rotor, then retrofit all existing product, not likely.

Back to the “Van Wobble” 

Posted (edited)

19 mins ago, surfrat59 said:

And the "fix" will include a new box that replaces "No Limitations" with "Slight and Acceptable Limitations".

Edited by recoil

What a joke. I have one VS 200 that I bought close to 15 years ago. It’s the china version second gen I guess. Never had any problems. Pretty pathetic if this is what they are putting out now. How do you not throughly test this? 

11 mins ago, recoil said:

How is it possible that no one here has an update on this issue from the show?

Most likely because there is no update. 

I was at the show yesterday but didn't ask Craig about it.  I own 4 original models already so I am not in the market for a new one anyway.  The new series felt nice and they even had a lefty available to look at.  My bigger concern is will they continue to support the original series with parts.  I don't want to have an expensive set of paper weights in 5 years.  

Van Staal will be at the CT show this saturday.  Ill ask him about support for older models.  

1 hour ago, striperswiper06437 said:

I was at the show yesterday but didn't ask Craig about it.  I own 4 original models already so I am not in the market for a new one anyway.  The new series felt nice and they even had a lefty available to look at.  My bigger concern is will they continue to support the original series with parts.  I don't want to have an expensive set of paper weights in 5 years.  

Van Staal will be at the CT show this saturday.  Ill ask him about support for older models.  

Please do 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, striperswiper06437 said:

Kinda felt the same way when they dropped the Lefty's from the VSX lineup, at the time had 4 250 LH, sold 3 of them last 2 seasons for the same reason. The last one resides on my 132 GSB and only gets used anymore when I'm climbing on rocks in Montauk. Looked at ZB thinking a 25 and 27 would replace them...great reel but too pricey for stripers/blues, put the 705Z's back in the rotation. Picked up a 151 and 201 VR, brand new used once...box, bag, papers, bailless kits, for dirt cheap...and I mean dirt cheap. Fished both all season, same way I fished the VS...regularly submerged or dropped in the sand, no issues whatsoever. No rockhopping though, personally don't believe anybody's skirted spool reel qualifies as sturdy enough. The drag is much smoother than a Gen1 VS, and the longer reel foot is a bonus for my big mitts. Zero water intrusion or problems so recently picked up another pair for short money. If I hear no more support for Gen1 reels sdadly I'll part with the last one too before it becomes a shelf relic. Would I consider a couple VSX2's, no....for sand beach and jetty fishing the additional cost over a VR doesn't fly with me.

Edited by surfrat59
typo

6 mins ago, surfrat59 said:

Kinda felt the same way when they dropped the Lefty's from the VSX lineup, at the time had 4 250 LH, sold 3 of them last 2 seasons for the same reason. The last one resides on my 132 GSB and only gets used anymore when I'm climbing on rocks in Montauk. Looked at ZB thinking a 25 and 27 would replace them...great reel but too pricey for stripers/blues, put the 705Z's back in the rotation. Picked up a 151 and 201 VR, brand new used once...box, bag, papers, bailless kits, for dirt cheap...and I mean dirt cheap. Fished both all season, same way I fished the VS...regularly submerged or dropped in the sand, no issues whatsoever. No rockhopping though, personally don't believe anybody's skirted spool reel qualifies as sturdy enough. The drag is much smoother than a Gen1 VS, and the longer reel foot is a bonus for my big mitts. Zero water intrusion or problems so recently picked up another pair for short money. If I hear no more support for Gen1 reels sdadly I'll part with the last one too before it becomes a shelf relic.

I think that's the biggest fear for most lefties....Myself included. I wonder why they never even bothered to make a lefty vsx gen 1....But hopefully this fix will resolve the issue with the vsx2's....I originally bought a 200 and a 150 in lefty...Fished the 200, but ended up returning the 150.